Best youtube plugin for enigma2 box?

There are 18 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 13,222 times. The last Post () by meskellil.

• Hey guys,

Im looking for an enigma 2 plugin that supports the playing of youtube playlists via my STB

Can someone recommend one please and a link would be appreciated too

Cheers

Alan

• Official Post

Have a look at this one, at post #6 you will also see a guide on how to add your own youtube playlists to it.
    [h=1]TSmedia Plugin[/h]

• Thanks for that ten

I did see that thread yesterday but I am using vix image and have heard that TS Panel and TS media are giving the bad magic number error on Vix images

Do you know if that sstill the case or has it been sorted mate?

Thanks again

Also there are 2 links for the TS Media download:

OE1.6 and openpli2.1

AND

OE2.0 and openpli3.0

Do you know which of the 2 I should try on my Vix powered Duo?

Cheers m8

• Official Post

Bad magic number means the wrong version is installed, which version of vix are you using?

• Official Post

Im using the lastest build of Vix mate

Ok you want the oe2 version buddy, i havent tried it on vix myself but unlike tspanel tsmedia does not overwrite any system files in the oe2 version so you wont do any damage trying it.
    Just to be sure though make a full backup of your image before installing.

• I just downloaded TS Media and its not working

When I hit the green button for search it just crashes the box and when i enter my youtube username its not find my my playlist, it just says conection error

I can view all the top rated/most downloaded etc stuff but my the plugin is not finding my favourites list

Any ideas mate?

• Official Post

Haven't used this one much myself yet mate, will have a play tonight if i get time & let you know.
    Anyone else using this ?

• Been trying TS media plugin all night, wont find my youtube playlist and the green button (earch) crashes the box

Did you have any luck ten?

• no worries mate

If you do get a chance to test it during the week would you be kind enough to post your results here

Cheers fella

• Official Post

Ok just had a play & got it to work after a while, following the tutorial i made a new youtube account & entered the google username into the plugin & also got the no connection error.
    Try this in your browser & you will probably get the not found message like i did.

Code
    http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=[COLOR=#ff0000]USERNAME[/COLOR]

I then tried an old youtube account in the same way which i made about 3 years ago which is found when entered like above so entered this username into the plugin and now it displays & plays all videos in my playlist.

So i think the problem is with youtube changing something rather than the plugin itself, i noticed when creating the new account it said i am using the new youtube one channel. Im sure there must be a way to change this to the classic version but no time to look just now, im sure another member will know how.

This test was on BH 2.0.2, i have vix in meoboot so can try on this tonight if needed.

• Thanks for you reply Ten

The youtube account I'm trying to add is a bout 5 years old

Here it is

SeniorCheesy - YouTube

I tried it again and I'm not getting the connection error but "downloading video list please wait" displays for a split second but doesnt download my playlist

Could you try my playlist if you got time mate

thanks again

• Official Post

Does exactly the same for me mate, maybe there is a limit to the amount it can handle. Try splitting your collection into several smaller playlists.

• Just a quick update:

I had all of my youtube videos just added to favourites, they were not in a playlist

I added some random videos to a new playlist and everything works great now: I can view and download all of my youtube videos on my sat box :)

The green button (search) still crashes my box everytime though

Is this happening to you ten?

• Official Post

No mate, search works fine not tried it on VIX yet though.

• Yes mate, it must be a vix problem because I tested the green button (search) on my Duo, Solo and TM single and it crashes all 3 boxes

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!