VU+ Solo2 Record to mp4, mkv, avi or other formats..

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,494 times. The last Post () by pheonix.

• Is there any way to get the Solo2 to record to another format, ie. mp4 or even avi? I would have thought the solo2 would have the hardware spec to be able for this real time conversion from .ts but I have not seen any plugin yet. Im sure there are a lot of people that would be interested in this feature. It would instantly quadruple the video storage capacity of the HDD. Again, I dont know for sure, but does the solo have to manipulate the Transport Stream when you are streaming live content? if so surely it would be possible to convert real time .ts.. Maybe somebody could explain if this is not possible.

thanks

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• it will have to convert on the fly
    box will start to lag

if you want smaller movies

use dcc
    telnet

Code
    wget -P "/hdd/movie" http://of-stream.mp4

the stream will save to /hdd/movie
    you can start watching it as it comes down
    no need to wait till it finishes if named .mp4 or .flv or .mkv

mp4 flv mkv file extensions will show on screen

if avi or any other file extension

ftp to /hdd/movie rename file to

my-nicked-movie.mp4 :thumb:

then it will show on screen

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

i just had a idea
    stream a sd channel from sat box via web interface to pc
    using vlc but dont view the channel on pc/vlc (will cause lag)
    send back to sat box hdd with .flv file extension

thus recording sat tv to hdd in a different format other than ts

will try it later

im sure this can be done
    setting up the chain stream option in vlc
    and editing the playlist.e2pls file on the box
    using the 4097:0:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0: format so the box thinks its a channel
    not a stream

Edited 11 times, last by davvo ().

• Is there any way to get the Solo2 to record to another format, ie. mp4 or even avi? I would have thought the solo2 would have the hardware spec to be able for this real time conversion from .ts but I have not seen any plugin yet. Im sure there are a lot of people that would be interested in this feature. It would instantly quadruple the video storage capacity of the HDD. Again, I dont know for sure, but does the solo have to manipulate the Transport Stream when you are streaming live content? if so surely it would be possible to convert real time .ts.. Maybe somebody could explain if this is not possible.

thanks

It's just not possible without direct support from the manufacturer without new added hardware and drivers.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

VU+ SOLO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!