Cool TV Guide Alternative?

There is 1 reply in this Thread which was already clicked 3,038 times. The last Post () by musogeek.

• Hi, not sure if this is the correct place to ask this, but I was wondering if there is anything similar to the Cool TV Guide?

Just I have a large Bouquet now, and it takes AGES (well maybe three seconds) to load.

Any ideas, other than shrink the Bouquet would be most appreciated/

TIA

Stuart

• There are a few things you could do - If you have got a Vu+ Duo why not use the ViX image - which has a build in EPG similar to crossepg. This is pretty quick to load. You also have the option here of Infobar EPG, which allows you to browse the EPG while seeing most of the picture (it only takes up the same space as the infobar) - or a non graphical EPG.

Now if you want to stick with Cool TV Guide on whatever image you are using - then go in to the settings and change the options, best to configure it so it allows you to select bouquet at launch, and if you have a big bouquet - then break it down in to smaller ones to allow it to load quicker. You can change the skin, and configure how many lines display at a time etc - it is fairly configurable. Also, if you have your picons stored to a HDD rather than flash or USB pen drive, then it might be slowing it down while the HDD is waking from sleep.

Have a look at the various EPG types in Cool TV Guide - you can configure it to launch into the one you like depending on key pressed - again in the settings

Code
    http://www.cooltvguide.com/

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!