How to enable decoding of two channels - AR-P, RSP and PKT images

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,761 times. The last Post () by 007.4.

• Some images will not decode two channels simultaneously (unless they are on the same transponder) to allow watching of one encrypted channel whilst recording another (on different tuners). This is because they do not allow opening of two CA devices.

The fix in OpenAR-P 31.03.13 was to edit the 60-dbd-ca.rules file as follows (info from another post on this site):-

-----------------------
    The fix in the latest PKT Hyperion image is to set the EMU manager to:-

'Mapping CA1 to CA0 - Enabled'

---------------------

I have now worked out to do this in latest RSP rc1 image too.

We need to enable the CA device ca2.
    Do this by running two cmds in telnet.

Code
    mknod /dev/dvb/adapter0/ca2 c 212 22
    chmod 666 /dev/dvb/adapter0/ca2

To save typing in these cmds every time the image is restarted, they can be put in one of the boot start scripts.

I'm sure this is not exactly the correct place, [ I think it should actually be /etc/init.d/rcS ] but I put them in the RSP panel start script located at

/var/config/start.sh

I created a few new lines at line 38 and C&P this

Code
    #Create CA device ca2 for dual decoding
    mknod /dev/dvb/adapter0/ca2 c 212 22
    chmod 666 /dev/dvb/adapter0/ca2

After a full hard reboot, device CA2 is present and working.

Code
    RSP:~# ls -l /dev/dvb/adapter0/
    crw-rw----    1 root     root      212,   1 Mar  9 07:47 audio0
    crw-rw----    1 root     root      212,   6 Mar  9 07:47 ca0
    crw-rw----    1 root     root      212,   6 Mar  9 07:47 ca1
    crw-rw-rw-    1 root     root      212,  22 Jan  1  2000 ca2

Thus dual decoding is automatically enabled. :)

Of course this only works if you are using oscam and can legally decode the channels in question. ;)

HTH

• On my pkt hyperion image i have to set ca1 to ca0 to disabled to watch 2 channels???

The fix in the latest PKT Hyperion image is to set the EMU manager to:-

'Mapping CA1 to CA0 - Enabled'

---------------------

• So with the setting "disabled" you can watch one encrypted channel on Tuner B whilst recording another encrypted channel on Tuner C?

Very strange. However, good news if it works for you.

I've just thought, do you have the dual or triple tuner box?

• I have a dual tuner box, if i have that setting enabled then i can only watch/record one channel at a time as soon as i disable it the 2nd channel clears???

Does it matter how the tuners are setup ie b=c or both set to simple and 28.2??

• Ah! That explains it then. I, and others the fix was confirmed with, have a triple tuner box.

I've not got a dual tuner box nor the PKT image loaded at present so I cannot comment on your second question.
    However, if watching/recording two encrypted channels (on different transponders) is working for you, then whatever settings you have must be correct. :)

• master G

Added the Label Article

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!