Broadband upgrade

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 571 times. The last Post () by Jono.

• Well pleased to find out that part of the village now has fibre optic broadband and that includes my house:red:

I currently with plusnet and thinking of getting there fibre can anybody who has experience with there router please advise the model is technicolor tg582n.

Is it ok?
    Does it work fine with sharing?

Also if anybody has any suggestion to alternative fibre optic routers then I,m listening!

Cheers

Jono

O and one other thing decking oils lol off topic I know any good ones to get jet washed it n weekend need to treat it now thanks.

Regards

Jono

:wales::linuxsat3:
    Currently using VU+ Duo, VU+ Uno & DM800 all original don't do clones!

• I have first hand experience - Using the router now - firstly bear in mind that you will only be able to use 3 LAN ports, but you can get around this by using any old router as a bridge, which is what I have done, via homeplugs, so I have 2 ports available in one room, and 3 in another!

forwarding ports is fine, and simple once you realise how. Rules are configured in "Game & Application Sharing" - and you can also fix devices to specific IP addresses.

I have made do with the tg582n, so it may well suit your needs. You also have a USB port and an FTP server built in so you can have a USB HDD plugged straight in the router and access it over the internet via FTP.

Also bear in mind - if you get stuck, I have the router, so you can flex your VIP status muscles and give me a shout:red:

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Brilliant great advice and looking forward. Think I will use a switch for the other hard wired networked device in the house!

Thanks for the off of help Musogeek, may well take you up on that if I'm strugling.

How long does the transition from broadband to fibre take?

Jono

Regards

Jono

• O and one other thing decking oils lol off topic I know any good ones to get jet washed it n weekend need to treat it now thanks.

Ronseal buddy, Does what it says on the tin!!!!! :snicker:

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

How long does the transition from broadband to fibre take?

All I can say to this is I hope you don't have the same experience as I had:rant:

Supposed to be done in half a day, but I was without broadband for nearly 2 weeks, however I changed providers at the same time as upgrading to fibre so if you are already with Plusnet at least you should keep the ADSL if things go tits up!

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Ronseal buddy, Does what it says on the tin!!!!! :snicker:

Classic, asked for that one ! It's a little expensive but good shit.

Jono

Regards

Jono

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!