Use of Autotimer

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,551 times. The last Post () by paulus.

• I am using Ten Below's backup image as my base. I am also using the BH EPG (scheduled for daily refresh) with CoolEPG for display. I have also installed Autotimer (from the BH menu). Everything works fine, and it appears that Autotimer picks up from the current EPG (7 days). My question is how to I "schedule" autotimer to keep looking further ahead as the EPG is refreshed?

• You can configure autotimer to poll regularly at intervals. What this does is checks for new events based on the timers you have set. As far as I recall, on the BH image the Autotimer is on the Plugins menu (as oppsed to the 'timers' menu in ViX) - so select this, and when in Autotimer, press menu on your remote, select setup, and then enable poll automatically,m and set your poll interval. You would only need to poll once per day or so, as the EPG would not usually update more than this, and you will usually only be needing to pick up events several days in the future.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Now struggling to fine tune this. I have my EPG downloading in the early hours then doing a complete shutdown. That was working fine, I would come down in the morning to the box off and needing power-up. Since switching on autotimer poll (24 hours) the box is on (in standby) in the morning. So either the poll setting inhibits shutdown, or autotimer turns back on to poll (there appears no setting for poll time). There must be a setting I am missing. Any ideas?

• Do you mean deep standby or a complete shutdown? I am struggling to understand why you would want to completely shut down yor receiver after the EPG update, especially as you are trying to get the Autotimer to work, it kind of goes against the grain of what you are trying to do:baffle:

There are plugins that can auto shut down your receiver if this is what you want to do, but most of us would keep it in standby.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Sorry, yes I mean deepstandby. The EPG updates just after bedtime, so I use the deepstandby option to save power overnight. Ideally I would only want the autotimer to poll during the daytime when the box would either be on or in normal standby.

VU+ SOLO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!