Smargo Update Help

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 821 times. The last Post () by nano.

• Hi,

I have 3 Samrgo Maxidigital and never updated them can any one help me how to update smargo through win 7 and what software do I need.

Thanks

• I would leave the Smargo well alone. If they are working don't mess with them.

I have 4 of them at home, I updated 2 of them to 1.04 and they are now next to useless. The ones i updated to 1.04 will read my old Viaccess Dorcel and ALJaz card and it will also read my Viacess TNTSat card but nothing else.

The ones with version 1.03 work fine with all the other cards i have tried in them. By past experience if the Smargo is working, leave it alone, there is nothing to gain by upgrading the firmware on it. If you want to speed things up a bit try putting it in a powered USB hub as that usually helps a little.

Nano

• If you want higher speeds and lower ecm times you need to buy an Omnikey Cardman 3121. You can get them off ebay for about £7.

1.05 OS for Smargo is not official Argolis firmware. It will gain you nothing. Try it with one of your readers and see if it makes any difference, but in all honesty it won't make any noticeable difference. Using a powered hub seems to make the smargo work a bit quicker by past experience with a well known white card.

Nano

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!