Problem to record on Tuner A and watch on Tuner B at the same time

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,248 times. The last Post () by pheonix.

• My original posting slipped into wrong forum. This is where I wanted it. :)

My single fixed dish (at 0,8W for Thor) feeds my Ultimo with one sat signal cable. It goes to Sat Tuner A LNB In. Sat Tuner B LNB In gets the signal with a loop through cable from Tuner A loop Out. The Tuner C is configured as terrestial.

I am able to tune in Thor services (Canal Digital Nordic with their smart card) on both Tuner A and B. So both the cables and the tuners appear ok.

However, if I'm recording a sat service I cannot watch any sat service with the other tuner at the same time! I think my tuner configurations are not correctly set. Could somebody tell me how the tuner configuration settings should be set.

Also I can see which tuner the recording is done but I don't know how to switch to use the other tuner.

Rgds, AmiO

• So if i understand this correctly your problem is when you record a satellite channel you cant when watch another satellite channel via the B tuner which is looped from tuner A ?.

if this is correct then it's likely because your using a loop through rather than both satellite tuners having their own feeds, when you loop from one tuner to another it allows a very limited amount of recording / viewing options as tuner B can only receiver channels on the same transponder or quadrant as tuner A. if you want to watch or record channels from different transponders you must have both tuners hooked up to their own feeds from the LNB.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• Ok. Thanks! That makes sense, in a way. What I mean is the manual says like ' Instead of using two or three separate signal cables, it is also possible to connect cables in loop-through mode'. This led the uneducated me to believe that VU+ Ultimo is somehow able to 'split' the signal, and provide full feed from loop-through cable to the second tuner's LNB In.

So I guess no such luck. And gotta get to changing the LNB!

VU+ ULTIMO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!