One dish to 2 recievers

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 487 times. The last Post () by thijss.

• Hi all
    Advice require if anyone can help
    I have utilised my old spider by putting it in my living room next to my existing sly box and running off my fixed sly dish
    This works well but as an idea I changed sats to 23.5e just to see if it picked up any signal which it did but only to certain TP's
    However the channels do not clear even the FTA channels that are showing a strong signal
    Can anyone answer why they don't clear ?

This also gave ma an idea to replace my sly dish to another fixed one and run 3 lnb's off it
    Can anyone also advise what other equipment I need ?

• you can sometimes get signals the same on other sats thats why you see signal but no pic on fta channels i would say get a triax 1.1 dish and multi lnb arm for the front of it and follow the instruction booklet for the arm it shows you the distances apart for the lnbs , doing this pick up 28e first and you will find the rest with sloping the bar and moving them allong the bar a little til you get the sweetspot for signal , i filed the inside of the lnb holders so they moved along the bar more freely and it made life a hell of a lot easier , in the end i got a motor to increase my options it also worked out that it would have been the same price when you count the cost of the arm and 4 twin lnbs and diseqc switch as opposed to a motor and 1 twin lnb you will need an 18inch t&k bracker for a triax 1.1 to get a good turning arc on the motor or you will be too close to the wall if you go this route but you need a t&k anyhow , hope this helps you

• you will only pick up signal from 23.5 if you dish or lnb would be aligned to that sat if your aimed at 28.2 east you can't pick up 23.5 some transponder might have the same value this might make you spiderbox think it has signal on 23.5e but really it hasn't.
    I have a fixed triax 1.1m dish with a multi bracket with four quad lnb's and several boxes around the house wich pick up 13e+19e+23.5+28.2

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!