Satbox

There are 16 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 6,196 times. The last Post () by ekkostar.

• The receiver looks nice but the IKS menu or gift is just one massive payserver rolled into the price of the spiderbox

• The receiver looks nice but the IKS menu or gift is just one massive payserver rolled into the price of the spiderbox

Yes I have to agree, and I fail to understand why some forums out there proclaim that they are anti-payserver, yet continue to openly provide support in order to help people get the 'gift' working, and also the retailers sell this knowing that the price is over-inflated in order to fund the server. £100 is cheap, but the fact is that you can get HD closed source ethernet receivers for nearly half this price.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Something to do with don`t bite off the hand that feeds you maybe

Yes I have to agree, and I fail to understand why some forums out there proclaim that they are anti-payserver, yet continue to openly provide support in order to help people get the 'gift' working, and also the retailers sell this knowing that the price is over-inflated in order to fund the server. £100 is cheap, but the fact is that you can get HD closed source ethernet receivers for nearly half this price.

• anyone purchased this box????
    any chance of a decent review ,,,regarding setup,,pic quality,,,,bouquet lists,,,,,channel setup ,editing,,,,ect.........@ less than 90 quid, and the half of that is probably contributing towards iks,,,,,,,,i cant see the box being up to much,,,,,with a lot of closed source box,s available at this price ,and all similar in spec.........." eaglebox hd800 " comes to mind ,,,,,,,, and what a piece of crap that turned out to be............so if anyone has taken the leap and purchased,,,would they be so kind and post some info for the rest of us spiderbox noobs,,,,,,,,,,,,

• I have this receiver .
    I will try to give you a picture how it is .
    It has one major problem at the moment but i think it will be fixed in next days .
    When you put it in standby , it always turns on .
    So the solution for now is to remove power supply wire.
    There are also some other bugs which are not so big and sure there must be some improvements.
    Box is very fast with no crashes .
    Remote is very good and there is no need to target to a specific spot of box.
    Setup is easy and there is no need extra knowledge.
    Box's Channel editor is also easy ,you can do anything except rename favorite but PC Channel Editor needed.
    I think it will be out soon .
    Picture quality is very good ,better option is set to AUTO .
    PVR is ok ,you can watch other channel of same tp while you are recording but if this is not encrypted .
    It records in .TS format ,so you are able to watch your recordings in your PC .
    Wireless is working perfect .
    You just enter your Provider's password once and box saves it and keep it even if you turn it off .
    Both DiseqC 1.2 & Usals work .
    In DiseqC 1.2 there is also option to store any position you wish between 1 to 32
    Blind scan works perfect .
    I had test cards and read succesfully : JSC Sports (ird*to) ,TVN (conax) & UPC (cryptoworks) .
    I also test succesfully some .mp4 format (maximum ~2,5gb.) movies in Movie player .

• iv had my box 3weeks, and have loaded the fix for the above problem, i bought the 6000 ,because i liked the other spiders so much, it works very well, and i think puches above its weight, espec for the price, well made, and the remote works very well, as most of these cheap boxes dont, lists are easy to find, and clear, as of today, no moans or gripes at all,.

• iv had my box 3weeks, and have loaded the fix for the above problem, i bought the 6000 ,because i liked the other spiders so much, it works very well, and i think puches above its weight, espec for the price, well made, and the remote works very well, as most of these cheap boxes dont, lists are easy to find, and clear, as of today, no moans or gripes at all,.

Remote is one of the best .Even the most expensive boxes do not have so good.
    You do not have to target in a specific spot , it works almost from everywhere .

any word on a channel editor for this box????,,,,,,lack of a channel editor has been the demise of many a box......

They are working for a channel manager as i heard .We hope can have it soon .

• the release of a channel editor would be great for this box,,,,,i am very tempted to purchase ,,,,,,,,,,,,but holding back, as the duo 2 is rumoured out this month,,,,would like both but funding could be a problem,,,,,,,,,,

If it costs 500~600Euros as i read, it will be difficult for most people purchasing it .
    Better keep your money for a box that will be a real revolution .

• Hi,I bought one of the Spiderbox 6000 H D to set it up for my sister, I have explored it and while I am not blessed with the technical jargen I am familiar with most of what it does, rather than make a cockup I will admit to not understanding fully how to activate the Wifi nor the gift as was spoken about,If I had a dummies how to on those particular couple of functions and how to enter an N Line if this is possible for if not it will be very little good to her,regards Knacker

• After installing latest patch ,go Menu-Others and press 1111
    Secret options will appear .
    Go Network - IKS, turn it on and register and then ser*er setup to add your line .
    For wifi ,just go Menu-Network Setting , select Wireless Network in first option and then in third option press ok to find your Network, press blue button to connect and write your password.
    You will see after some seconds 'true' and it would have been connected.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!