Comparison of Enigma2 Images for Amiko Alien SHD-8900

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,902 times. The last Post () by cga.

• Hi Mates,
    I have tested various enigma2 images on my Amiko Alien SHD-8900. Every image has its own advantages and disadvantages. In the end its a matter of personal liking and disliking that what image you prefer. I want to share with you my experience about four main images:

1. Open-AR Project: Very stable, good picture quality, very fast image, all emulators working, very good interface, good plugins server, cooltv working, compatible with dreamdroid and other android remote login applications and fairly regular updates. Personally, I prefer this image.

2. Neutino: Very stable, good picture quality, fast image, all emulators working, WebTV working (even by adding own streams), boot to Spark option, Video recording with remote without any formatting, screenshot with remote, fairly regular updates, no downloadable plugins, interface not user friendly, not compatible with dreamdroid and other android remote login applications, cooltv not available. I place this on second priority.

3. PKT Hyperion: Stable, good picture quality, fast, all emulators working, very beautiful interface, very good plugins server, cooltv working, TSmedia working with included links but could not use my own links, compatible with dreamdroid and other android remote login applications, sometimes few glitches in video especially when osd is being displayed. Third priority

4. HDMU: Average stability, poor video quality, fast image, emulators working, very rich plugins server, cooltv working, compatible with dreamdroid and other android remote login applications, most frequent updates. This is my 4th priority.

• I find i always end up coming back to HDMU but i shall try your other image at no1,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,what one is easiest to use with hard drive.

• Gavin - the Open-AR image works very straight forward with USB HD, no stuttering or pixelation. Only real difference with core SPARK is the reduction in signal strength.. Have tried retuning, and all sorts of offsets but it changes a 99% SNR down to 71% on 19E and 28.8E.. (other sat's reduced by varying amounts too) have no idea why.

• Might have to try that open ar image again......any chance you could put links in your first post to the latest version of each image and any plug ins that are needed pretty please.

What do I have to do to the hard drivw to get it to work ? I've got a 500gb currently connected to my pc in NTFS and every time I connect it to the alien it sees the drive but stops initialising it at 47% every time

Thanks

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

• Can you point me to where I can download the latest Open-AR image for Amiko 8900 Allien? I have seen different images everywhere but it is hard to follow up on which one is the latest one.

Spark STI 7111 Support

Support for ADOH R1, Amiko Alien SHD 8900, Amiko Alien Mini, Goldmaster HD 1200, Golden Media 990 CR HD PVR Spark LX, Golden Media Spark Reloaded, Edision Argus Pingulux, Edision Argus Pingulux Plus, Galaxy Innovations GI S, SAB Unix F+ Solo, Dynavision Spark, Dynavision Spark Plus, Fulan Spark I+, Truman Premier 1+, Samsat Linux 1, Startrack SRT 2020 HD, FullHD FH 2020 HD, Yumatu Spark, Visionnet Hammer, Visionnet Fireball, Superbox S750, Sogno Spark Revolution, Spark STI 7111 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!