Nbox 5800sx with Ka band lnb

There are 14 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,690 times. The last Post () by codar.

• Hello,
    I have an nbox twin tuner 5800sx and am looking to pull in saorsat on eutelsat Ka sat 9.0deg east.
    I can receive eutelsat 9 with a ku lnbf with no difficulty but when I change out my lnbf for the ka type lnbf (inverto), I can get no signal. The strange thing is, if i connect up my cheaper ariva 150 combo to the ka lnbf, it will pull in saorsat perfectly.
    I am running Nebula zero on the nbox and am wondering if it is a problem with the image, settings or a hardware issue with this type of lnbf and receiver. I have tried to manually search using the saorsat settings( Freq 10765, symbol 25000,Polar vertical, fec 1/2)and also lyngsats settings (freq 20185. sym24995, polar circular left, fec 1/2 ,qpsk) with no luck.I know this question will only apply to a very small number of members but any help would be greatly appreciated. My next step is to upgrade the image to hyperion but am hesitant to do this as i never had a problem with nebula zero.

• I'm not sure if the nBox can handle such high frequencies in all honesty. I can't test it here as i'm outside the footprint.

• I think dish input one reads as two
    and dish input two reads as one.
    just got one of these boxes on Wednesday i have saorsat dish ka lnb setup,so I will test over the weekend.
    also have nebula running on it.

• Best of luck fionncorp, i spent the best part of the morning trying to receive saorsat with no luck.
    First of all, i connected my ariva to the dish and picked up saorsat with no difficulty.
    I flashed hyperion to my nbox , connected both feeds from lnb to nbox, had tuner 1 set up as simple with no disqec enabled and tuner 2 equal to tuner one and tried scanning but no signal to be found. Tried both dvd-s and dvd-s2 on all fec variations.
    The ariva is picking them up on a different frequency than advertised on boards.ie. Freq 11015, pol vertical, symbol 24991 (advertised as freq 10765, symbol 25000, pol vertical, fec 1/2)with blind scan on ariva. Tried both frequencies and also the one listed on lyngsat (freq 20185, pol circular left, qpsk, fec 1/2 symbol 24995) I cannot see a blind scan option on the nbox.
    Let me know how you get on , maybe i'm missing something stupid.

• Hi I nacodzień urzywana nbox img BSLA but open pli in the firmware location pendriwe niemam are no problems when it comes to recording and otwarzanie [Tuner A and tunerB configuration is in the setup menu] at the same time not know What do you mean exactly the nebula img nil because the tests have nand memory Hyperion

Nbox BSLA pen OPEN-PLI V8

VU+SOLO2 IMAGE VTI

• I only gave it the img directory open pli silent problem of recording and otwarzaniu struminia on the boxie.tak I use google translator unfortunately nieznam English to write boldly in response urztwam google because I'm uncomfortable urzytkownikiem translater.Jęśli forum I apologize przesto

Nbox BSLA pen OPEN-PLI V8

VU+SOLO2 IMAGE VTI

• I think the problem is that the tuner can't handle this type of lnbf or its something that i'm doing wrong (hopefully) or my tuner is damaged.. I don't think it has anything to do with the image.

• The N usb DVB-T dongle works fine for Saorview, so thats another option open for you.

I don't think the tuner is designed to go to such a high frequency as what is used in Saorsat :bello:

Nano

• I've given up on the nbox for saorsat. Just using my ariva for the moment and will be purchasing a new receiver sometime in the near future, but holding off for a while. I think there might be a lot of good ones at great prices if s** kill cs for 28.2.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!