How to load E2 Via USB on Icecrypt S3700 CHD

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,847 times. The last Post () by sundayoke.

• Official Post

HOW TO LOAD ENIGMA2 FIRMWARE VIA USB STICK ON THE ICECRYPT S3700

Items required:

USB Stick Formatted to FAT32 – Use HP Format Tool for formatting if you have any problems with the USB not being seen by the Icecrypt S3700 after formatting using Windows.

Alien 2 E2 firmware – This will be something that will constantly be updated from time to time and there are various versions available – choose the one you want – they can be download from sparkfans or other support sites.

Icecrypt S3700 Digital Receiver – This guide is created for the Icecrypt S3700 Digital receiver (available with various tuner configurations).

1) Download your required Icecrypt S3700 E2 firmware and save this file to your computer.
    2) Insert a USB stick into your computer and create a directory called enigma2 in the root of the USB stick (which must have been pre-formatted to FAT 32) - now open the E2 firmware file you just downloaded to your computer and extract the 2 files e2jffs2.img and uImage to the enigma2 directory you just created on the USB stick.
    3) Now remove the USB stick from your computer and with your Icecrypt S3700 receiver still powered off insert the USB stick into the REAR USB port on Icecrypt S3700 receiver (it must be the rear USB port for this to work).
    4) Power on your Icecrypt S3700 while pressing and holding in the OK button on the receiver front panel.
    5) After 5 seconds, you will see FORC in front panel LED display, release the OK button and press the DOWN button and then press the OK again.
    6) Now power down your Icecrypt S3700 receiver, wait a few seconds, then power back on your Icecrypt S3700 while again pressing and holding in the OK button on the receiver front panel.
    7) After 5 seconds, you will see FORC in the front panel LED display, release the OK button and press RIGHT button.
    8) If everything OK, You will see U LD on the front panel LED display and the E2 firmware flashing will begin. This process can take a while to complete depending on the firmware size – leave this to complete for a few minutes – the display may change from time to time, just let it complete what it’s doing – if you get any error messages you may need to start over and try again.
    9) If the upgrade is successful after a few minutes you will see the message SUCC in the front panel LED display and the Icecrypt S3700 will reboot automatically.
    Your Icecrypt S3700 is now in Enigma2 mode and has E2 firmware installed so will boot to this mode each time as default, if you wish to change this back to Spark as the default it’s very easy to do, it’s basically using the FORC function on boot up make the receiver boot into Spark mode which is done by pressing and holding the OK button on the front of the receiver until FORC is on the front screen, then pressings the up arrow (Spark) on the front of the receiver and then pressing OK on the front of the receiver. That’s it, your Icecrypt S3700 will now reboot and boot into Spark firmware as the default.

Thanks radtv..

• This doesn't seem to work for me.
    I can get to step 8 but then instead of seeing U LD. I see FACT which then changes to T TO.
    Am I doing something wrong?
    I am trying to load the latest HDMU file - HDMU_1261_E2_spark_210_git_4797_nodebug_lcd_Diff3_ffm_Flash

• Hi

I'm uploading the image successfully to my S3700CHD but when I boot into Enigma2 from the front panel it just says BOOT endlessly ! I have tried it again but it still gives succ then hangs on boot. Am I doing anything wrong ( would be a suprise Newbie and I have only had the box since yesterday)

Cheers
    BBD020

• master G

Added the Label Article
  • master G

Changed the title of the thread from “How to load E2 Via USB on Icecrypt S3700” to “How to load E2 Via USB on Icecrypt S3700 CHD”.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!