set up tm600

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 909 times. The last Post () by amosp.

• I would use 5w (Atlantic Bird 3 - Eutelsat 5 West A ) as your southerly reference satellite.

Code
    http://www.lyngsat.com/Eutelsat-5-West-A.html

Nano

• Set the motor at latitude at 55 degrees and then fit the dish squarely on the motor shaft using the casting mark as a reference to ensure the dish is located on the shaft of the motor in the correct place. make sure the pole the motor is mounted on is 100% straight and is angled at exactly 90 degrees. If the first bit isn't right nothing else will be right. Make sure the skew on the lnb is at 12 o'clock.

Connect the receiver/meter upto the motor and set the co-ordinates up for you location in USALS. Send the motor to 5w. Disconnect the motor and connect your meter to the lnb on the dish. Now set the dish up on 5w. Do not adjust the elevation on the motor, move the whole motor and dish around until you get a signal, you may need to adjust the elevation on the dish whilst doing it.

Then just align it up on the sat. Its one of the strongest sats up there so its easy to find. I have never bothered working out calculations, i just do it all by experience now. I find the only thing you need to know is the latitude, the rest is easy to figure out.

Once you have a signal adjust elevation of dish and skew of the lnb until you get the best signal possible.
    Tighten the u bolts on the motor and elevation bolts on the dish checking your meter all the time.

If you want to work it out you can use this

Code
    http://www.satellite-calculations.com/Satellite/lookangles.htm

Nano

• thanks nano for the good tips still need to do some work with dish as i could only pick up some ch like bbc 1 could only get 50% with meter pole and motor is mounted 100% straight need to look at the lnb my rec is solo2 on vix 1m dish inverto black lnb

• you will find the smallest of movements make a huge difference , i have an android phone and used the enigma signal meter for android to set my dish up and fine tune it after that to the weakest sats worked great and saved me £170 i was about to spend on a meter and could change channel with it to check other transponders , you need openwebif on to use it if you do try this method

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!