True Bridge Mode on Cisco EPC3925 - for U.P.C Ireland customers

• I used this little tut by DECEiFER a few months back to enable true Bridge Mode on the Cisco EPC3925. I now dont have to use the terrible routing functions of the Cisco EPC3925 and instead I can use my Asus N-16 for all the routing functions without DMZ'ing and double NAT'ing which leaves me with a much better and more customizable setup. This also limits the U.P.C. techs access when he dials in remotely as in essence he's treated as part of the internet, not your LAN..

Main Reasons to do this:

Double routing = more latency. I've noticed a good 10ms chopped off in tests and similar in gaming
    Remove load from the EPC(Its junk and gets overloaded easy enough)
    Have a proper firewall
    Prevent your ISP from accessing your subnet
    Better control, a good router, especially flashed DDRWT, PFSENSE or TOMATO in my case

NOTE 1: This is not a hack, the modem is natively capable of bridging. This simply restores that functionality..

NOTE 2: If you have a phone connected, this is safe & phone line will still work 100%..

NOTE 3: On newer router firmware, Bridge mode is reported to be enabled by default, so check that first (It was not available on my EPC3925)..

OK, here is the Orig Tut by DECEiFER

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!