Solo2 and a ssd

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,233 times. The last Post () by glenviewjf.

I'm looking for an ssd for it now,

M8 would an SSD be suitable? I know they are a lot more durable these days but If you were going to be using it for recordings etc where the data was changing frequently you might have a very short life on your SSD. The last SSD I used only worked 100% for a year or so then it degraded massively over time. I can understand using them for booting OS with all temp & cache files moved to another drive but in the likes of a recording box where data will be changing regularly might drastically shorten the SSD's life. But, its been a few years since I used one so I'm sure that someone will correct me if this would not be a problem.. I use a 1TB 2.5' 7200RPM HDD and it works flawlessly at a small fraction of the price of an SSD 1/4 its size..

but before I buy, is there a special cable i need?

If you do go ahead, just get a SATA SSD and it will connect the same as HDD.. (Power connector & SATA cable supplied with Solo2)

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

VU+ SOLO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!