WebIF not loading fully?

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,201 times. The last Post () by Captain Jack.

• Hi,

I just upgraded from OScam 1.10 to the latest 1.20 build 8630. I have a big issue navigation the web interface as more often that not, it will not load but simply give a blank page. It doesn't time out or anything, just quickly displays empty or incomplete pages.

This wasn't an issue with 1.10.

Any ideas?

CJ

• I sometimes have an issue where the webif loads but not fully. This happens very rarely and I have not bothered to troubleshoot it because I use custom css file and I put it down to that. But I have never seen this problem with unmodified oscam webif. Have you tried to load the webif from a different browser to make sure this problem is with your oscam?

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

Yeah, I tried Chrome and Firefox. Chrome is a lot worse than Firefox is... must be something to do with CSS like you say.

I presume both chrome & Firefox are latest versions?
    By the fact that chrome is a lot worse, I would think that oscam is not the problem.
    Give IE or some other browser with default settings a shot just to see if the problem still exists.
    I am not suggesting for a second that firefox or chrome cant handle oscam webif because I have used both flawlessly, but it could be custom settings you have unknowingly edited within the browsers.
    When you say blank page, is it fully blank or is there an error message?

Failing all that compile latest oscam for your server and try again.. I am on 8641 and have no issues with webif.

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• It's odd because 1.10 was working perfectly well with Web IF. It's blank as in it's completely blank - no error messages. If I view a blank page's source in Chrome, I see that the code is cut off - it's not loaded completely. I guess Firefox deals better with than Chrome.

It's odd because 1.10 was working perfectly well with Web IF. It's blank as in it's completely blank - no error messages. If I view a blank page's source in Chrome, I see that the code is cut off - it's not loaded completely. I guess Firefox deals better with than Chrome.

I have used IE, chrome, Firefox & Opera and all worked pretty much as well as eachother.
    It is possible that older versions of oscam webif used different style sheets that were more easily read by older browsers but if all your browsers are up-to-date, there should be no issue with style sheet compatibility.

Just check with Internet Explorer or similar browser with default settings..

Other than that, I am running out of ideas here but if IE does not load the webif, perhaps the issue lies with your firewall or internet security?
    That is unlikely though because I think you said that sometimes the webif loads with no problems..

• OK m8, well you have established that it is a setting within chrome & Firefox. Maybe you accidentally blocked the ports or added your server to adblock or something of that nature but at least you now know that oscam is not the problem..

• or could be a virus cloggin that port that u use for webif i had same problem with 8630 few days ago.. when thatfellow sorted out my picons wanted diffrent webif format.. and put in a css file to change format it wouldnt work at all..kept giving me blank pages in firefox,..changed port i connnect to and it worked fine try changing webif port in config it seemed to work for me,.might do for you.

• Well, the problem seemed to stem from me using an SSH tunnel to get to WebIF from a remote location. When I did it directly to the server at home, there were no problems at all. I've tested the theory by opening a port directly to WebIF from the outside and had no issues. So it was an SSH tunnel that was the issue.

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!