Settings for Australian satelites

There are 20 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,813 times. The last Post () by malteser4u.

• Hello to all...
    I was wondering is it possible for someone to upload a channel list for satellites that can be viewed in Australia, I'm having a difficulty finding it.
    Channel list for E2
    Thank you in advance.

• Yes, after doing a full channel scan use a program like dreamboxEDIT to arrange channels & create bouquets..

Just out of curiosity, what provider/CAID are you using an E2 box to view?

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• I dont know first I need the channel list and then I have to see what is FTA and then I'll see what I can watch in Australia. That is why I asked for a channel list so I can startup on something.

• or ask in an Australian forum

you'll get the same answer on one of those too, i once asked fore some info on the main Australian forum as i was trying to get the aussie birds included in ABM and they just were not interested, their reply was pretty much scan for your self which was difficult as i'm in england.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• Thanks for the info. Btw Aussies are so hopeless with all the satellite discussion. What can I say Ill have to explore and google it.

i spent the better part of a day researching the channel numbers etc for a project to create a accurate channel bouquet for Australian users to follow the official channel line up, no one would even do a simple channel scan for me so i gave up, sadly it seems that out side of Europe no one bothers to produce channel bouquets.

i even went out of my way to get the popular picon makers to create Australian picon packs but again no one would supply me with the service reference updates.

long story short it seems your in for very little help unless you do it your self.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• I take my hat off for you Pheonix. Actually I know a lot about all of this, but my sister is living in Sydney and Im trying to help her set up the satellite equipment. She has something but very little she knows.
    I will get her to do a free scan or whatever so I can start on something. I hope I can rely on you.

I will get her to do a free scan or whatever so I can start on something. I hope I can rely on you.

It does not have to be a free scan, get your sister to do a full channel scan as I asked you above and at least give yourself something to start with.
    Then you could ftp into her stb & download the scan results. Post them on the right forums & you could be the one that helps to creates the channel list & Bouquets.

If nobody else will do it or has done it, you have only one option left, DO IT YOURSELF!
    Nobody on this forum has access to Aussie sats.
    If you give pheonix some helpful data, you will be in good hands..

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• Ok no worries I will try to do my best.
    One question... How do I download her scan results? Which files do I take? etc/enigma2, or something else?

• After she completes a Full service scan, you can log in remotely with dreamboxEDIT, you have the option to download all channel data from the box to your local PC where you can sort it or post it to the forums for more help..

Or you can just download the Satellites.xml file, usually located at:
    /etc/tuxbox
    And download complete enigma2 folder from:
    /etc/enigma2/

Zip them & post them...

• I could offer you a full scan of optus 160e but they are for nz channels, I could at a push re align my dish this weekend and give you a basic search of 156e but as my dish is that small I can only get the nz beam of that bird. Your right though its a little more difficult down here. I'm in NZ

Thanks for the info. Btw Aussies are so hopeless with all the satellite discussion. What can I say Ill have to explore and google it.

he he... Your Nicked messale8080!

Still leaves the question, Why no bouquets for Aussy Sats? Get the Finger out lads!

• I am sorry for using the term 'hopeless' to all the Aussies.

By the way I am Australian as well and I want to help all the people that have problems with their satellite equipment and so on.
    If you have read all the post you will get to see what I mean.

thatfellow and phoenix ... Thank you for understanding and your support.

• And just as we speak I finally got something....
    Channel list for Optus c1 and the xml file featuring all the satellites.
    I will post it here, just wanna see if they are useful.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!