hi all your expert help is needed

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 420 times. The last Post () by pheonix.

• Hi All my system has recently crashed i have managed to re flash so it is part working i now need to install a cccam and find my original setings so i can revert back to them please can anyone help please

• i have previously pressed the back up button on my Vu+Duo will that have made a back up or have i deleted all the files during the re flash ?

i have previously pressed the back up button on my Vu+Duo will that have made a back up or have i deleted all the files during the re flash ?

A reflash will only effect the VU+ flash. Your backups will not be touched..

I use ViX & the Normal procedure is that the backup is saved to external media, either the HDD or USB.
    If you were backing up to HDD, the backup file should be stored in:

/media/hdd/backup

But when you try to restore backup, the plugin should automatically find the backup folder (Assuming you reflashed the same image & also assuming that you didnt reformat the HDD)

I know its too late now for this, but it is good practise to create a script to auto backup all configs to folder on your box & then move them to your PC.. I do this nightly at 23.59.

But as master G said twice above, you need to give more info. i.e. Old image, new image, HDD Installed, old backup location (USB, HDD) and anything else that can give us a clue where to start..

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• I know its too late now for this, but it is good practise to create a script to auto backup all configs to folder on your box & then move them to your PC.. I do this nightly at 23.59.

That's not needed mate, there is already a auto backup option in the image specifically for this, just enable this option and select your preferred save location and your good to go, all my 7 receivers are set to automatically create a settings backup between 03:00 and 03:20 directly to my NAS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!