USB DTT stick DUO / VIX - any way to get epg automatically each day like cross epg?

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 657 times. The last Post () by deerhunter290378.

• ok so i have the third tuner added via a usb pinacle 290e USB HD tuner on my Duo with VIX 3, works really well and have a separate bouquet for Freeview HD , when i zap the epg quickly populates with a few days worth of stuff,but then it disappears each day (maybe when epg downloads overnight?) or cause im not using it as its not often im recording two channels?, so my question is , how can i solve this or is it just the way it is?

• When you are downloading the EPG information with CrossEPG it may be (don't quote me on this!) completely replacing the EPG.dat file, therefore wiping existing EPG data. I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.

If you go to Setup - System - EPG - Settings - and change Automatic save to yes, then this might have an effect if my first statement is wrong, because it should then save the EPG data to the EPG.dat file

A possible solution if my first statement is correct - would be to set up a daily 5 minute timer event on a freeview channel soon after the nightly CrossEPG download, so the receiver should then grab the EPG.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!