How to flash a Venton HDx receiver by USB.

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,401 times. The last Post () by pheonix.

• How to flash a Venton HDx receiver by USB.

The following aims to show you how to flash a Venton Hdx receiver in a simple and easy to follow Tutorial, The information contained within is the same throughout the Venton HDx range and applies to the following receivers.

Venton HD 1
    Venton HD 1plus
    Venton HD 2
    Venton HD 3.

• Strangely contrary to what this guide says - It can be flashed from the front as well as the back USB ports - secondly after inserting the USB with the image on and powering up, you then have to press the UP arrow on the front of the receiver for it to begin the upgrade process. At the end of the upgrade process, it then promts again for the up arrow to be pressed to upgrade. This is not needed to be done again, so just power down and take out the USB, then power up again, and you have your new image. This is with a Venton Unibox HD2 flashed with ViX from factory default.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Strangely contrary to what this guide says - It can be flashed from the front as well as the back USB ports - secondly after inserting the USB with the image on and powering up, you then have to press the UP arrow on the front of the receiver for it to begin the upgrade process. At the end of the upgrade process, it then promts again for the up arrow to be pressed to upgrade. This is not needed to be done again, so just power down and take out the USB, then power up again, and you have your new image. This is with a Venton HD2 flashed with ViX from factory default.

Yes those changes were made with the boooader update. I did create a updated tutorial with this info but must not have uploaded it here.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• master G

Added the Label Article

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!