pioneer dvd writers not showing ?

There are 17 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,148 times. The last Post () by stevejo.

• I hope you can help me please with problem, when I go to my computer where it shows were my drives and my writers are none of my writers are showing .

• Not enough information, what Operating System? have you recently installed new writer? more than one? sata or IDE? I'll assume sata in this day and age and also assume windows 7, so check your BIOS settings. Make sure all sata ports are enabled.

• Hi m8
    Thank you very much for replying ,there are 3 pioneer dvd writers and one samsung external dvd writer .My son deleted a few programs yesterday ,we have still windows xp on the computer. How do I get in the BIOS settings please.

• normaly you press delete when the pc is booting up and you see your first screen if you are not good with computer i would say just load defaults , it is most likley that the asapi has been cocked up but if the defaults dont work try a system restore also this can sort this issue also find a date a week ago or so , failing that right clic my computer and select properties and go into hardware and see whats showing up in yellow with a question mark right clic uninstall it and clic sacn at the top again and it should detect it and lot it look on the internet for a driver , failing thatget back and ill think harder:laugh:

• xp was also a bad os for irq conflicts especially if devices are on cable select i assume you have ide devices to clear this you can check in system tools system information ans check for irq conflicts , you can change these but if you use the reset jumper on your mother board and reset the bios and reboot and press f2 to load setuo defaults it will load new irqs failing finding the jumper take the battery out the board and replace it after an hour and boot up

• I have gone in to system information and I have gone to irq conflicts, and this is what it says.

Pioneer USA Pioneer DVD-RW DVR 111D Status OK
    Transfer Rate Not Available
    SCSI Target Not Available

• Hi m8s I have done what you told me to do and I have just downloaded a program called xp_cd_dvd_fix,the only thing to now is resolve the sound on the computer .The writers have come back on wow great ,but there isn’t any sound .H did delete a you tube program when he started doing what he did ,would that have done anything with the sound .

• Right click My Computer - Properties - Hardware - Device Manager - Then look at your sound properties, if there is a yellow triangle with ! then there is a problem with your sound, you can simply uninstall and reinstall your sound, try the obvious as well, might have the sound muted.

• Check your speakers in that case as in the connection is in the correct port on the back of the pc, check you have not muted the sound, other than that uninstall and reinstall the audio, you can see what audio drivers are used in your system by going into device manager and clicking the + sign beside it, should see ac'97 or realtek audio drivers or whatever audio drivers are in use.

• Hi m8s, I have done what you have told me to and then restarted the computer, and WOW all back as normal.

Many Many Thanks To All That Have Helped Me

Thank You

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!