stuck on (ON FIX).!! S9,S10,S11,S12, ONLY.!!!

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,158 times. The last Post () by lutz diagram.

• Right Guys ,,! Here We Go..! i have found today after 3 hrs over of testing that a s10 box i was working on.. had this problem.. no booting stuck on,, (ON)..

SO heres what i found out and how to fix.. before working on box make shure unplug from mains,!!! important, i say this because some people forget lol.
    you would be supprised,!

1.) u will need a philips cross headed screwdriver,
    2.) undo the case and remove from box,
    3.) center screw thats on inbetween tuner polls. loop & lnb this is,,! please remove it,
    4.)once you have done this carefully this fiddley bit, remove the whole tuner assy board,!

now.!!

5.) yellow disc on board this is a thermisitor remove and replace with piece of wire across from point (a) to point (b)...
    6.) now with tuner out.. the box,,, you will need a pc with a crossover cable rs232 one, now do not touch inside box ... put both of these firmwares on the box,!! in this order,!! very important, this is done correctly.!!

i will lable firmware 1 & firmware 2 in folder,!!

now.. use the erom upgrade tool provided,, with tuner out the box.. very important,,
    do not touch inside,! before plugging into mains ,, plug rs232 in box, from pc on com port..

now.. settings should be on STB EROM 2.0.0C 2009-05-22 ....

PORT : COM PORT RS232 IS PLUGGED INTO MINE WAS COM1

BIT RATE SHOULD BE 115200
    PARITY SHOULD BE :-EVEN

OPERATE MODE :- UPGRADE

FILE: (point this via browse button to fimware1) that this pack comes with,!!!

MAKE SHURE (include bootloader is ticked)

make shure all your cables plugged in (MAINS) (RS232 LEAD)

PRESS NEXT, TAB..

WAIT 2 SECONDS THEN PRESS NEXT TAB ,,,

IT SHOULD PAUSE FOR 4-5 SECONDS THEN START UPDATE PROCEDURE IF NOT TRY AGAIN UNTIL IT DOES,!! IT WILL WORK.

NOW.. ONCE PROGGED YOU SHOULD HAVE NOW LOST THE DREDDED ON STAGE ON BOX,,!!

NOW PUT FIRMWARE 2 ONTO USB STICK,,, TAKE BOX PLUG INTO YOUR TV,., NOW UPDATE WITH FIRMWARE 2 THIS WILL BE ANNONOMUS FIRMWARE AFTER A CRASH IS THE ONLY FIRMWARE THAT WILL RUN
    CORRECTLY AFTER RAM FAIL.!

ONCE UPDATE POP TUNER BACK IN BOX BEFORE RE-FITTING LID AND TEST IT ON SAT FEED,,!

NOW UPDATE NEW CHANNEL LIST AND WALLAH YOU SHOULD BE ALL SMILES..

FEW MORE MNTHS LEFT ON THE OLD DOG YET,

THIS HAS BEEN TESTED ON 2 BOXS ,,, S10 & S11,,, NOT THE S12. SO IF ANYONE TRIES IT ON S12 PLEASE LET ME KNOW.. CHEERS,,

REASON:BOX DIED..! ram had voltage drop.. from 1.5v due to tuner fault.. caused ram to lock up.. which took ram to less that 0.7v so not enough voltage to keep it running,!

replacing thermisistor creates voltage to 1.3v which is good enough but the other firm wont boot unless u use the annon firm,,!

please say thankyou if i have helped you ,,, if not please post any findings,

replacing thermisistor creates voltage to 1.3v which is good enough but the other firm wont boot unless u use the annon firm,,!

impossible, since you are replacing a fuse with a short.
    You must have had other problems and it was just a coincidence you fixed it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!