Linux noob stuck configuring config file

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 458 times. The last Post () by master G.

• For the past few days I've been struggling and pulling my hair off while trying to install a debian based server. I finally did it but now I have problem with webinterface...Every time after I update cfg file I cannot connect to my server and I got a message "Update failed : Unable to connect to localhost:16001" I have to reboot my server so I can see my peers online again. I manage to restart apache server from the console but that doesn't solve this problem.
    I don't want to restart my server every time when I update my cfg file.

Cheers!

• Official Post

For the past few days I've been struggling and pulling my hair off while trying to install a debian based server. I finally did it but now I have problem with webinterface...Every time after I update cfg file I cannot connect to my server and I got a message "Update failed : Unable to connect to localhost:16001" I have to reboot my server so I can see my peers online again. I manage to restart apache server from the console but that doesn't solve this problem.
    I don't want to restart my server every time when I update my cfg file.

Im guessing you are just navigating to /var/etc & editing the file there which is why you are having to restart. There is a script in the server for updating your configs, follow this.
    [h=3]For Beginners - How To Add Lines To Linux Server Using CS Studio[/h]

• Update failed : Unable to connect to localhost:16001
    Happened again. I can see my config update using script but again is the problem.
    It looks like cam wont start after update but I can manually start it using -dv command in terminal

Cheers!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!