oscam server running, no scrambled on the tv but the video have lagging.

There are 17 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,637 times. The last Post () by shaifeyna56.

• hi all.. i have successful setup the oscam server on my pc, the server is running, no scrambled on the tv but the video have lagging (like playing the scratch VCD on the player).
    what is the problem? what should i do?

thanks for any help. really appreciate. :)

thanks also to thatfellow and masterG for help me a lot of thing about this! :)

this is my client status during the testing:
    e8bfc0b765fc4ac47c1800.png

this is my server config:

/usr/local/etc/oscam.conf

/usr/local/etc/oscam.server

/usr/local/etc/oscam.user

Code
    [account]
    user                          = astro
    pwd                           = astro
    caid                          = 09AC
    #au                            = astro
    group                         = 1
    ident                         = 09AC:000000

/var/etc/cccam.cfg

im need more knowledge, so that i can spread it to the world. :)

• Post your configs and oscam log please.
    I have removed the pictures because you were displaying your peers ip addresses, im sure they wont have been best pleased if left on show.

sorry for my mistake.
    ok the server config was added.

and this is the oscam log:

• can someone help me? :)

sorry. im forgot to state this.

currently my server is running OSCAM 1.10rc-svn build #6089 on ubuntu desktop 10.04 LTS.
    im using the usb smargo reader. i found on the google, someone say the video lag maybe cause from the reader. so i was purchased new phoenix/smartmouse reader.
    this is the photo:

if i want to use this reader, what should i do?i dont know how to setting and configure this reader. the reader also have some button switch that i dont know how to use it.

• try oscam+cccam using automated script on ubuntu 12.04.
    i too sharing astro card and all going very well.

can you give me the link that you follow? thank you. :)

• Official Post

sorry. im forgot to state this.

currently my server is running OSCAM 1.10rc-svn build #6089 on ubuntu desktop 10.04 LTS.
    im using the usb smargo reader. i found on the google, someone say the video lag maybe cause from the reader. so i was purchased new phoenix/smartmouse reader.
    this is the photo:

if i want to use this reader, what should i do?i dont know how to setting and configure this reader. the reader also have some button switch that i dont know how to use it.

Do you have another reader to try?
    Omnikey is cheap and work well with similar cards to this, you could even test using your stb as the reader.

try oscam+cccam using automated script on ubuntu 12.04.
    i too sharing astro card and all going very well.

I cannot see changing the linux os making any difference although the oscam version is quite old so worth upgrading. What reader are you using rgboss?

• Firstly:
    As mentioned above, I would update oscam to latest SVN build 1.20

And also,
    When you tried the phoenix/smartmouse reader did you edit your reader settings?

oscam.server

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• Do you have another reader to try?
    Omnikey is cheap and work well with similar cards to this, you could even test using your stb as the reader.

I cannot see changing the linux os making any difference although the oscam version is quite old so worth upgrading. What reader are you using rgboss?

i have 2 readers : smargo and phoenix/smartmouse reader. but i cant get my phoenix/smartmouse reader working. my current smargo work but image so lagging. :(

Firstly:
    As mentioned above, I would update oscam to latest SVN build 1.20

And also,
    When you tried the phoenix/smartmouse reader did you edit your reader settings?

oscam.server

alright m8 i was install the OSCAM 1.20-unstable_svn build #7149, but oscam log show this:

what is wrong m8?

• Have you setup your smargo properly? Is the Smargo at version 1.3? See post #2 here by master g
    http://linuxsat-support.com/li…-up-smargo.html#post44139

i was see the thread but i worried my smargo reader will brick.
    if i accidently upgraded the firmware to 1.4, is it the reader still can use with my astro gold card for the oscam and cccam server?

what the easiest and safest way to upgrade the smargo firmware?and how to know my smargo current firmware version? and how to know if i have successfully upgrade the firmware?

thanks m8. :)

• M8 I had very little experience with Smargos, I use omnikey's now and I never have trouble. I do remember my smargo never working properly after upgrading to 1.5.. I would suggest leaving the smargo firmware at 1.3 if it is not to late..

what the easiest and safest way to upgrade the smargo firmware?

The easiest & safest way is the post by master g that I sent you a link to:

Go back to that post download the files & update Smargo if it is at firmware version 1.2 or below..

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• oh i see.. so all the problem i think maybe cause from the reader.
    i was search on the google and found many type of omnikey reader. can you give me link to purchase for the reader that you are using right now m8?thanks . :)

oh i see.. so all the problem i think maybe cause from the reader.
    i was search on the google and found many type of omnikey reader. can you give me link to purchase for the reader that you are using right now m8?thanks . :)

this is the one I use m8..

Omnikey 3121

Unfortunately the Site sponsor does not seem to supply them but you can pick them up for 9.99..

Google
    omnikey £9.99

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!