using vpn online

There are 13 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,381 times. The last Post () by Beefybawz.

• hi sorry if this should be in a different section.im just wondering if anyone could help me.im trying to setup a vpn,not for my cardsharing but just for when im online and downloading torrents etc every time i start it my friends are being booted off,which is probably to be expected.i imagine i need to port forward so when i go online using my vpn my my box is not affected by the change of ip address?just hoping someone has experience of this and thanks in advance guys

• basically yeah m8 i enable my vpn to browse the web.ip address changes then it changes in the updater and boots everyone offline.its probably something stupid iv done in the setup

• Is the VPN in your router or just for browsing on a single PC?

I have a VPN setup in my router but it allows me to select which devices on my network are connecting through the VPN. By the sounds of it, when you activate the VPN, your whole home network is channelled through it.
    Can you explain your VPN Provider & software a little more?

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• thats exactly whats happening m8.im using witopia on my laptop.i want it to hide my online activities but not affect the port for my server if that makes sense

• I use Astrill VPN & I have an their app installed on my ASUS N-16 Router.. If you use them, do not buy the router through them as they charge well over €120 for a €50 Router. Buy the router of any popular auction site or wherever you get it the cheapest, then flash DD-WRT or Tomato (I use Tomato). Then sign up for the year and your off..

You could get the lot for about €140.

That would allow you to select only a few devices, e.g. Home PC, Laptop & iPad (& Not your Server) to connect through VPN.

I should add that I originally got the Year subscription just to watch BBC iPlayer and ITVPlayer on my smart TV because I live outside of the UK.
    Now that we have the OnDemand E2 plugin, I never use it at all any more (Apart from testing).

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• To protect yr work on net buy a proxy and do what you want.
    I used hidemyass for a year and had fantastic results 28 usd per year i paid.
    To setup a vpn for private traffic even cs one or game one you must setup an openvpn server and in it create clients.
    To the client having installed same openvpn you give configs of him , make several client as you want ane private network is ready to exhange

• thanks for that m8 reading up on what you said and that does sound exactly what i need.i remember using hidemyass a while ago but it slowed my internet speed down to unusable levels.ll have a good look and see what the best proxy is before getting 1.cheers

• believe it or not iv still not sorted this after trying quite a few different options.gonna try the proxy route now,apart from hidemyass anyone else know any good ones?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!