I have a Nbox 5800SX with E2 installed. Can I use it to flash a Nbox 5800S ?

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,793 times. The last Post () by bloto22.

• Hi,
    Are the soldering points in the boards the same or are there any difference between the boards?
    Thx.

• Hi,
    Are the soldering points in the boards the same or are there any difference between the boards?
    Thx.

Introductions
    In accordance with the forum rules and common courtesy, your first post should be in the above introductions section.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Its not just a case of flashing these boxes, it doesn't work like that. You have to downgrade the original firmware first, solder some links on the mainboard and them use a program to set the box up to receive Enigma. It also depends on which chipset is on the box as to whether or not it can be done without having to de-solder and replace certain components.

There are guides around, unfortunately most of them are in Polish, so unless you are fluent in polish its going to difficult. There is a seller on eBay called Comet24UK who will sort the box out for you, hes done quite a few for me upto now and everytime i have been pleased with the results.

Leave it to somebody who knows what they are doing unless you are prepared to trash your box.

I have attached a guide for doing it, but its in polish, so you will have to figure it out for yourself, although in all honesty unless you are going to do a few of these you would be better just letting an expert do it for you.

Nano

• Thx for the advice and tutorial, but my question was about if the boards of the 5800SX were similar to the 5800S.
    I know it is a bit difficult to install E2 in the ADB 5800SX because I've done one myself but they were both 5800SX. I had a modified Nbox 5800SX and I used its board to install the enigma 2 in the other original one by using a similar tutorial.
    My goal is to use my modified Nbox 5800SX to "flash" a Nbox 5800S and if it was possible.

• No idea if they are the same. Even though i own both units i have only ever looked inside the 5800s not the SX, I can't see the point of opening it up unless i have to. As far as i'm aware you still have to solder across the same pins on both boards though.

Even if the boards are slightly different i should imagine that the pins would still have the same numbers on them.

Nano

• OK.
    I wanted to know if the boards were the same before I buy an official Nbox 5800S but I think I'm going to take a chance and buy it.
    I also know there are 17 wires to solder in each board in the first stage of the operation. The problem is that if the boards are different the soldering points won't match.

• to get that clear,

bska/bsla series of 5800 model you can do it.

bxzb and bzzb will need new cpu to operate emu.

Downgrade firmware 15minute, loading uboot for first time take 30min via debug.
    + opening, cleaning, fitting better capacitors etc. Takes time.

:)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!