Strange Tuner Issue with 4 Port DiSEqC Switch connected to VU+ Duo

There are 16 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,617 times. The last Post () by pheonix.

• I have 4 Port DiSEqC Switch connected to Input 1 (with Port 1 28.2, Port 2 23.5, Port 3 19.2 & Port 4 13.0)
    & a normal 28.2 Fixed Dish connected input 2

I have the following Settings in my Tuner Config:

Tuner 1
    Configeration Mode = Simple
    Mode = DiSEqC A/B/C/D
    Port A = 28.2
    Port B = 23.5
    Port C = 19.2
    Port D = 13.0
    Set Voltage at 22 = YES
    Set DiSEqC only on Satellite Change = No

Tuner 2
    Mode = Single
    Satellite = 28.2
    DiSEqC = No

Everything was working sweetly up to this morning when I got this message from channel on 28.2:

Service Unavailable
    Check Tuner Configeration

All 28.2 Channels are now greyed out in the Bouquets. When I go into Tuner Configuration, All entries for 28.2 have changed to Automatic.

Here Is what the Tuner Config Defaulted to

Tuner 1
    Mode = DiSEqC A/B/C/D
    Port A = automatic
    Port B = 23.5
    Port C = 19.2
    Port D = 13.0
    Set Voltage at 22 = YES
    Set DiSEqC only on Satellite Change = No

Tuner 2
    Mode = Single
    Satellite = automatic
    DiSEqC = No

If I try to change them back to 28.2, Its not even on the list? I just get these options:

1.. Automatic
    2.. Nothing connected
    3.. 13E
    4.. 16E
    5.. 19.2E
    6.. 23.5E

Any Ideas what might be making 28.2 disappear from Tuner Configuration?
    I changed absolutely nothing on the VU+ that could have caused this.
    28.2 just went after a box reboot through the ViX menu..

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• has you box not maybe updated , i got similar lately but with different satellite after the driver /kernel update in vix and had to do a clean install and add my plugins ect

OpenViX 3.0-ANNOUNCEMENT

Due to the recent kernel changes for Vu+ Solo2 and the Xtrend receivers, we Highly recommend that you perform a full fresh flash rather than a online update, to eliminate any possible problems that could arise as a result of the kernel and drivers update. please note this only affects the below mentioned receivers and build numbers.

ALL xtrend receivers ( any build below OpenViX 3.0-660 )
    Vu+ Solo2 ( any build below OpenViX 3.0-661 )

Dont worry a online update will still work but it is highly advisable if you are on a build lower than those stated above that you reflash the receiver rather than use the online update method.
    please be aware if you do reflash your receiver, you will also have to re-install your plugins even if you use a settings backup. Due to changes in the kernel your plugins will not be restored even if you select yes when asked if you want to restore them.

also worth noting, a old ViX feature will be returning to the image from Build 664 whereby you can flash the receiver directly from within the image manager without the need for a USB stick

sorry still asleep nightshift eyes over looked duo grrr

Its happening with Duo & Solo2, both flashed with Latest official ViX image

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• OK, after a little snooping around, I have found what I think is the problem!

I have 2 satellite.xml files on my VU+ Duo, and strangly enough on my Solo2

One located at:
    /etc/enigma2/satellite.xml

And the second at:
    /etc/tuxbox/satellite.xml

The satellite.xml located at "/etc/enigma2/" only contains transponder info for 23.5 East, 19.2 East, 16 East & 13 East
    This would explain why only those options were showing in my setup above?

The satellite.xml located at "/etc/tuxbox/" contains transponder info for 177.0W - 180.0E..

I did install catseye settings for 23.5 East, 19.2 East, 16 East & 13 East, but I did not think that this would change my satellites.xml

My question now is why would the satellite.xml located at "/etc/enigma2/" contain only those four satellites?
    And Why do I need 2 satellite.xml files? Is one file the master file that the VU+ uses?

Here is the method I used to get Bouquets & channel lists for the sats I wanted (28.2, 23.5, 19.2 & 13.0)..
    1.. I would install catseye settings for 23.5 East, 19.2 East, 16 East & 13 East
    2.. I would setup ABM to keep bouquets for 23.5 East, 19.2 East & 13 East, discard all the bouquets for 16E & Scan for 28.2.
    3.. I would reboot and all would work well..

until now..

I know I am doing something wrong, please advise...

• Brilliant g, thanks m8... Have you any idea from the methods I am using above what might be causing the second satellites.xml file to be created in the enigma2 folder?
    This has happened me even when I flashed the latest ViX image for Duo & Solo2

Catseye bouquet seems to be the one causing the issue, so how were you installing this ?

I just installed it through the Plugins / Download Plugin / Settings..
    I created the sat.xml file from the link you passed on above, I then deleted both occurrences on my VU and placed the new one in the tuxbox folder & everything is working 100%

Catseye settings for 23,19,16 & 13E has to be the problem because the satellites.xml that was being created in the enigma2 folder contained just those sats..
    Is there a way to add the catseye bouquets without generating the satellites.xml?
    or better still, is their a way to tell the VU's to ignore all satellites.xml apart from the master Satellites.xml located in tuxbox folder?

• The satellites.xml file in etc/tuxbox is the default master file and is updated every time you update the image.
    The satellites.xml file in etc/enigma2 is the user file. if a file is found in this location it will take over from the master file and will not be updated unless you update it your self.

This is the case with Pli, ViX and ALL Pli and OE-A based images and always has been since Pli 2.0, ViX 2.0, OE-A 3.0

when ever you place a satellites.xml file into etc/enigma 2 you need to reboot the image in order for it use this file, when you delete this file you againj need to reboot to restore to the master file.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

The satellites.xml file in etc/tuxbox is the default master file and is updated every time you update the image.
    The satellites.xml file in etc/enigma2 is the user file. if a file is found in this location it will take over from the master file and will not be updated unless you update it your self.

This is the case with Pli, ViX and ALL Pli and OE-A based images and always has been since Pli 2.0, ViX 2.0, OE-A 3.0

when ever you place a satellites.xml file into etc/enigma 2 you need to reboot the image in order for it use this file, when you delete this file you againj need to reboot to restore to the master file.

Thank you pheonix, couple of questions..

1.. Is there a way to never create a satellites.xml file in enigma2 folder so I will always use the master file? I did not manually create this file, I think it came in with the catseye settings.
    2.. How does the ViX Update decide exactly what satellites & transponders are updated in the master satellites.xml? I ask this because I created my own satellites.xml file with all sats & it is twice the size of the .xml file that gets updated through the ViX online update..

• Thank you pheonix, couple of questions..

1.. Is there a way to never create a satellites.xml file in enigma2 folder so I will always use the master file? I did not manually create this file, I think it came in with the catseye settings.
    2.. How does the ViX Update decide exactly what satellites & transponders are updated in the master satellites.xml? I ask this because I created my own satellites.xml file with all sats & it is twice the size of the .xml file that gets updated through the ViX online update..

1. All bouquet packs come with their own satellites.xml file, so every single time you send a bouquet pack to your receiver you are overwriting this file.

If the image sees a satellites.xml file in /etc/enigma2 it will always default to this file. You can of course manually delete the file from /etc/enigma2 after transferring the bouquet to the box, then after a restart it will again fall back to the default file in /etc/tuxbox.

2. We use a custom script to scrape our own database at

Code
    www.satellites-xml.org

this is our own site that is similar to

Code
    satellites-xml.eu

but differs as we have options to only grab working transponders and not the often dead and unused feeds transponders, this allows us to generate a satellites.xml file that is almost half the size of those used by others while still being able to receive all channels.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• Another point here.

You can of course set your bouquet manager to use /etc/tuxbox as the default location to write the satellites.xml file to when transferring the satellites.xml file to the image. This is not recommended however as you will be overwriting the master file and it will be overwritten upon a image update any way.

• Thanks m8, I think my answer will be to add a cron to delete the file from enigma2 folder.. I just don't want to have to ftp to my box every time I update bouquets..

• Thanks m8, I think my answer will be to add a cron to delete the file from enigma2 folder.. I just don't want to have to ftp to my box every time I update bouquets..

To be honest mate i would not bother, it's has been this way for almost 2 years without any issues, its only recently that catseyes settings have started to go wrong with the satellites.xml files he uses for some reason.

A better way would be to generate a new satellites.xml file from

Code
    www.satellites-xml.org

to replace the one in his settings until such a time as he rectifies the problems on his end, as it is a problem on his end.

To be honest mate i would not bother, it's has been this way for almost 2 years without any issues, its only recently that catseyes settings have started to go wrong with the satellites.xml files he uses for some reason.

My issue is that I use the catseye settings for 23.5, 19.2, 16.0 & 13.0.. then I use ABM to Keep the bouquets that the plugin does not support & create the bouquets that it does support. But after I install the catseye, I have a sat xml file in enigma2 folder that only contains transponder info for 23.5, 19.2, 16.0 & 13.0. This leads to tuner errors etc with ABM because the transponder info for 28.2 is not in the new default sat xml file left in enigma2 folder..

Can you suggest another way to get around this without ftp or cron?

• prior to sending the catseyes bouquet to your receiver generate a new satellites.xml file from

Code
    www.satellites-xml.org

that contains all the locations you want to receive including 28.2 east and swap it out with the default satellites.xml file that comes with the catseyes settings, then just send them over as normal and all will be fine again. ( you only need do this about once a month as the transponders them selves rarely change. )

ABM does not touch the satellites.xml file in /etc/enigma2 when it builds it's bouquet list.

• master G

Added the Label DiSEqC Switch Setup
  • master G

Changed the title of the thread from “Strange Tuner Issue VU+ Duo” to “Strange Tuner Issue with 4 Port DiSEqC Switch connected to VU+ Duo”.

Enigma2 DVB - FBC - USB Tuners

Enigma2 Tuners. Articles, Downloads and Support for DVB-S2 Tuners, DVB-S2X Tuners, DVB-C/T2 Tuners, DVB-C USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2 USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2/C USB Tuners, FBC Tuners, and Tuner Drivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!