internet.... what is the slowest sprrd that will still do the job

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 597 times. The last Post () by niall_b73.

• i am having to down scale on things at home due to no work an all the rest.
    i am currently on vodafone home internet which costs me near 50 euro a month.
    so i an thinking of cutting my package tho i am not sure what would be the most basic needed to run my box off.
    as in what would be a good internet speed to stick to ?

any help would be greatly appreciated
    many thanks
    niall_b73

( ͡° ʖ ͡°)

• My opinions/experience. This would all depend on how you use the internet, and what sort of setup you have. If you are running a small cardsharing setup, with a few peers, then just a bog standard broadband connection would do. even 2mbps could do a job. Stability is more important of course. You might find that if you do a lot of uploading, peer to peer filesharing etc, that you will get glitching issues, but if you just browse the net and watch TV then you might get away with it.

It is true to say that a fast connection is better, because you could do your filesharing, etc and have your box connecting to the net as well, but if you can live without uploading and ptp then a slow one will do.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Irish broadband have 2/3meg system used in rural areas (eg. Ariel on roof) @30Euro pm
    which works ok on c/s, another choice 3g modem but you will have breakup
    and would be much good at c/s, you dont have much choice so it depends on your
    pocket/service you want are you urban/rural ?
    the green corroded copper wires from eircom dont help to much LOL

• aye i am on vodafone through eircom network the service is pretty good so maybe have to stick with it and put the missus out to work for a bit.
    i dont want to lose out on what i have at the moment

niall_b73

( ͡° ʖ ͡°)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!