VU+ Duo box goes crazy

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 686 times. The last Post () by malsford.

• Hi,
    Ill first tell you the history of my VU+ Duo box,
    Bought it a couple of years ago with HDD fitted and was installed by a mate who was raving about his dreambox but told me the VU+ Duo was very good also so i decided to get one and at first it was great but then slowly it started giving me problems.
    Firstly i started to notice that the EPG didnt download all the time, then the timeshift started playing up, then it started losing signal on some channels then all channels except freeview then it just stopped working.
    While all this was happening i was trying to figure out why and trying various things that i read on forums but no luck. My mate re flashed the image 2-3 times and it started off great again but all happened exactly the same way. While i was trying to sort out various problems with it i noticed that it also couldnt see the HDD so i couldnt initialise that either. I ended up getting my old s*y plus box back on and using that while my VU just sat there dormant for months until i was brave enough and tried sorting it out again.
    I asked my friend to reflash which he did using a different image im now on VTI and after a week or so it started doing it again so i bit the bullet and bought a western 2TB SATA HDD and fitted it.
    Now i can initialise my HDD ask my box sees it and i thought it was sorted, but no! started doing it again. One thing i have noticed now is that when i look at the file system to find where everything is installed i notice that it says 'ubi0:footfs is 100%, is that right? Just to let you know im nowhere near an expert at this but also not an absolute beginner (but nearly).
    Please help me someone before i drop kick it out of the back door.

• Hello buddy,

Everything you need to get the most out of your duo is in here, this type of receiver does take a bit of setting up but once done right you will really enjoy your box, no need to drop kick it or leave it lying in a corner somewhere, you really have got one of the best receivers there is.

First of all for ease of use and setting up change your image to Vix, it's very user friendly and will help you a lot with mounting your HDD and using the epg etc.

All the tutorials you need are in here: Vu Section

You can find the latest Vix image here: ViX

Flash on the new image first and then we can take it from there, one step at a time.

The more you learn to do yourself the better it will be for looking after your box.

Let us know how you get on.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• That's great help thank you, I work shifts so it'll be a while until I get another chance to do it but will get back to you as soon as I do.
    It now can't be put into standby and tells me the timer file is corrupt, switched off at the wall now.
    I have been told it could be the CPU, and that would mean a new box.
    Thanks again speak soon

EPG didnt download all the time

ubi0:footfs is 100%

I presume "ubi0:footfs" is "ubi0:rootfs"

Sounds like corrupted EPG is eating up the flash memory m8, after you reflash, move the EPG to the HDD or USB & Setup the box from Scratch (Do not restore settings from backup)..

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• Now that I've had the image reinstalled please could you go through everything with me? I've noticed the epg only downloads on the freeviiew channels.

• Every bit of information you need to setup your box and fix problems are all already here on the forum buddy, you need to use the searchbar and start looking through all the relevant sections to find the solutions to the problems you may have. Learning to do as much as you can yourself will be more of achievement and put you better placed in the future for changing images and updating channel lists etc. It's not really fair to ask someone to tell you how to setup your box from start to finish.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!