Nbox goes down.

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 741 times. The last Post () by nano.

• Hi,
    I've got a Nbox 5800sx that when I connect to the mains it appeares in the display NBOX for some seconds and then it disappears from the display and the cooling fan stops working and there's a whisling sound coming from below the tuner in the mainboard.
    The HDD keeps on turning but there is no image there's nothing.
    How can I solve the problem?
    Thanks.

• Have you tried flashing another image to it?

My feeling is it may be an issue with the PSU. If thats failing when the HDD kicks in if the psu is on its way out it will take the power needed elsewhere, which will probably stop it in its tracks. If you have a multimeter check the voltage at the pins. There should be a diagram on the psu to show the voltage at each pin and if its an earth or not.

To be honest it may be worth trying to find somebody to look at it. Theres a guy on ebay who goes by the username of Comet24UK. Hes your best bet in all honesty.

Hes modified a few for me and i also had my 5800SX from him.

Nano

• Thanks for the clue but I replace the capacitors in the main board:
    C270 - 470uF/16V
    C271 - 470uF/16V
    C272 - 470uF/16V
    C273 - 470uF/16V
    C541 - 1500uF/16V
    C122 - 1000uF/16V
    C518 - 1000uF/16V

And it starts OK now.
    Thankx any way Nano.:thumbsup:

• I trust you have used decent quality ones like Rubicon or National Semiconductor ?

By past experience its not worth using Johnny no-named ones that are probably mass produced in China.

Nano

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!