tuner or motherboard problem?

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,279 times. The last Post () by emiell2005.

• hello

i have a dm800se sunray model with the latest pli image oe1.6 4lnb dish....everything works fine in beginning
    but after awhile when switching between lnb i get no signal on three from the four lnb
    sometimes i get the message that""phat isn'"t found"" en sometimes no signal
    i also tried different settingslist but i get Always the same messages

is my tuner faulty? or something wrong with motherboard because of heating?

my second box that i use has no problem whatsoever so it"s not the dish

please help

• Its more than likely the DISEqC switch that controls switching between the 4 lnbs.

Some receivers work fine with one brand of switch where another won't work with it. I have a similar setup. Both of my nBox receivers and one of my Gigablues work fine with a SAB branded DISEqC switch, where as my TM800 won't.

The TM800 works fine with a Konig switch where as none of the other receivers will. I would recommend replacing the DISEqC switch before condemning the box. Just to rule out tuner issues is there anyway you can bypass the DISEqC switch with a barrel joiner just to confirm the tuner in the box works.

Nano

• thanks for reply

but the dish is an technisat(Multi) so switch is inside the dish
    and also the dissapeering of the channels or lnb is not Always but if you are watching for 4 hrs or something than the signal goes from good til bad and then you lose everything?

do you know if i can use a m-tuner(dm800) in an dm800se?
    for testing

• hello

tried other dish(parents) no problem whatsoever ..........question
    could the problem be the coaxcable ,i mend the length of it (25-30mtrs),so signal is weak?

• I still think the problem is with the DISEqC switch inside the dish mate. Like i said not all receivers work with all brands of DISEqC switch.

My dish is 30m away from the receiver and it operates the motor fine so i wouldn't say its the distance unless you have used really crappy cable.

Nano

• hello

tried other dish(parents) no problem whatsoever ..........question
    could the problem be the coaxcable ,i mend the length of it (25-30mtrs),so signal is weak?

check all the F-connecters on your coax connections bud
    if the coax cable is old? then replacing it would be a great +

& go for CT100 grade coax if replacing ok

If my post helps hit the Thanks ;-)

• thanks for responding all

i changed the box with another one (dm800se) have tested te box yesterday and no problems anymore
    so it was probably the switch as you said.....thx everbody for helping

regards
    emiel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!