Black Hole 2.0.2 epg wont update after a week

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,527 times. The last Post () by mckee25.

• ok, so this is by far the best setup i have tried yet and the one i feel most comfortable with.

i do have only 1 problem tho:
    when i flash the image to my vu solo and have it up and running perfect, the epg only seems to run for about a week.
    i can do a force reload and a epg download but it freezes half way through either and it will not finish the task.

i no it is a big file and it takes up 95% of my memory but is there no way that i can get it to work as i really like the setup ?
    i have deleted a few things here and there trying to free up some disc space but to no avail.
    also i used the teleportation in the setup with an 8 gig pen drive but still no updating.....

any help would be greatly appreciated

niall_b73

( ͡° ʖ ͡°)

• can you tell us what epg you are using bud?

Is it crossepg??? if it is might be worth your while having a read through here: epg support

if i knew i would gladly tell you.
    basically i just flash the image to the box and use whats on it.

niall_b73

( ͡° ʖ ͡°)

• Can you tell us then how you access the settings for the epg? is it via the coloured buttons on your remote, I would think if it's BH you are using it will be the Rytec settings. If their server is down your epg data update will not update.

I don't have Blackhole on my box at the min to check how to tell you to navigate to the crossepg settings.

Try this tutorial: crossepg

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• yeah i found it. i am on the rytec settings all all is setup as is should be.

i still think the problem lies with lack of memory.
    does the epg memory space remain the same, does it maybe clog up and not leave more room for fresh epg data ?

niall_b73

( ͡° ʖ ͡°)

• If the EPG data is being saved to internal flash you will run out of memory sooner or later, you are better saving the data to a USB drive..

Also look at setting up a swap file if you don`t already have one..

done all that and i now seem to have a little more memory than last time.
    tell me this please, is there an idiots guide to what some of the plugins/extensions actually mean or what purpose they serve.
    just for example barryallen or what the swap file does.

i just sometimes get bamboozled the the names and trying to work out what they do.

thanks all for the above help

niall_b73

( ͡° ʖ ͡°)

• No, no idiot's guide bud. With the solo you are going to be limited to the amount of memory you have to play with. All I can suggest is that you try a plugin, if it serves no purpose to you or your box, remove it.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

VU+ SOLO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!