Help please moving stored position numbers from one receiver to another

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,007 times. The last Post () by ampedef.

• :goodpost1: I am still yet to buy my first Linux based sat receiver. After all the reading, of several forums, I have decided on a VU+ Solo2. My old TM-6900 PSU is blown/dead. I have written down all the satellite positions from the memory of the VU box. Because of the way I had to set up the 6900 all the sat positions are in a different order than what you state, ie; PO1 is 1* West and PO2 is 28.2*E and PO3 is 30*W. Am I right in assuming that as long as I put into the new Solo2 the same position numbers as are on the VU box I should find all the memorised satellites already in the VU box? This is all new to me but I am learning more and more the more I read. I know it would be better if I had the new sat receiver now and I could then try out all that I have read so far. Also does it matter which Image I use??
    :doubt:
    Appreciate your time and help, (anybody),

a

1.2 CM motorised, Inverto Black Pro lnb, V box, VU+ Solo2 42" Panasonic + 5.1 S.S.

• I am assuming your using a separate positioner with your original TM6900 if so then yes you are correct just write down all the relevant position numbers for each satellite and load put these i the Solo2 when you have it.

• No it wont matter what image you use in the setup menu on the Solo2 in the satellite configuration you would choose Simple - Positioner and then choose Diseqc 1.2 for all your satellites you require and enter the relevant position number, I use a Vbox myself and it works no problems.

• Thanks again digi247. I have just ordered the new box and a new lnb, (Inverto Black Pro with C120 feed horn, whilst cleaning the dish the other day I knocked the Invacom and damaged the feed horn. Tried the positioner and all that side is ok.

A small word of warning to all you experts, I will/might be asking a lot of help. I think I have downloaded and printed out a couple of 100 pages to help get me going, well quite a few.

Many thanks to you digi247 and the rest of the forum for plain English help to Newbee.

:feel_good:

If anyone is in my area/or passing, White Colne, Essex. Send me an email and I will buy you a pint, or a coffee.

a

1.2 CM motorised, Inverto Black Pro lnb, V box, VU+ Solo2 42" Panasonic + 5.1 S.S.

• Whoops! I have dropped 1 clanger already. I have the same as you,digi247, a Vbox. I think I have VU on the brain at the moment.

Sorry,

a:ops:

• Ordered yesterday VU+ Solo2, awaiting delivery, then the work begins. :thumbsup: I will no doubt be asking a lot of questions and help from all you experts :hmmmm: hope you don't mind??

a

Enigma2 DVB - FBC - USB Tuners

Enigma2 Tuners. Articles, Downloads and Support for DVB-S2 Tuners, DVB-S2X Tuners, DVB-C/T2 Tuners, DVB-C USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2 USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2/C USB Tuners, FBC Tuners, and Tuner Drivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!