Golden Media 990 SPARK doesn't work anymore. Remote off, black screen...

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,306 times. The last Post () by tonioo.

• Hello,

My GM 990 SPARK doesn't work anymore... The boot sounds to work, I have the image of GM reloaded, and then black screen.
    When it boots, I see on the front pannel the word BOOT, then I see the time at 00:00.
    I can't use any of the buttons from the remote control nor the front pannel.
    I tried to add an image and flash it with USB stick, but I can see the USB stick running and then nothing, no screen, no alert... nothing...
    COuld you please help me? Do you kwno how I could fix it?

Thanks a lot!!!
    ToniOo

• Can the box boot from a USB or can you switch it to Enigma or is it totally dead?

Have you updated Spark recently using the boxes online updater? Bare in mind your GM Reciver is just an Amiko Alien SHD-8900 in a different box, so i am sorry to be the barer of possible bad news.

http://linuxsat-support.com/am…t/25268-0000-display.html

There is a possibility that if your box is a clone that it may have killed by the Spark update. If thats the case nothing will work as the bootloader will have been damaged. It may be repairable by jtagging but is a very long winded process which doesn't guarantee success.

The box is essentially the same box as the Amiko Alien SHD8900 so the procedure should work the same.

http://linuxsat-support.com/am…pair-amiko-alien-1-a.html

To be honest it would be better just to chuck the box and by a proper MIPS based E2 receiver so you can experience Enigma 2 as its meant to be.

Nano

• Got it! beer10
    I did follow the tutorial on how to upload an image (boot / usb) and it now works like a charm!
    Thanks Nano.:linuxsat4::32_002:

Spark STI 7111 Support

Support for ADOH R1, Amiko Alien SHD 8900, Amiko Alien Mini, Goldmaster HD 1200, Golden Media 990 CR HD PVR Spark LX, Golden Media Spark Reloaded, Edision Argus Pingulux, Edision Argus Pingulux Plus, Galaxy Innovations GI S, SAB Unix F+ Solo, Dynavision Spark, Dynavision Spark Plus, Fulan Spark I+, Truman Premier 1+, Samsat Linux 1, Startrack SRT 2020 HD, FullHD FH 2020 HD, Yumatu Spark, Visionnet Hammer, Visionnet Fireball, Superbox S750, Sogno Spark Revolution, Spark STI 7111 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!