openbox x6 manually scan channels

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,732 times. The last Post () by mahrkpat.

• Hi Folks,

I have an openbox x6 that I'm scared to upload a channel list to incase I brick the box and I'm wondering how I am best to scan for channels on the unit?
    I've went into the installation menu and looked at the satellite set up. I'm in the UK so I wonder what the best settings for transponder would be.

I already tried a scan and it found most of the channels but never got any picture on them, no signal. some of the $ channels worked but very few.

I am wondering if this is because I haven't entered the correct settings when I've started the search.

Is there any way that I could sit and manually add every channel that I would be likely to watch. I am very wary of bricking the box as there is no recovery options.

Cheers,

B.

• If your dish is correctly aligned to 28.2e and you got the name of your satellite in your sat list, Astra 28.2e, select this satellite then do a blind scan this will give you all the channels you can receive, you can then use the channel editor on your box to create your own fav list getting read of repeat channels and select your regional channels.

• Thanks Mahrkpat,
    I done that and I'm receiving quite a few $ channels but still an awful lot missing, some of the $ channels I have got too are quite glitchy and this shoundn't be the case as I've hard wired to the router.
    I managed to create favourites lists and regional.
    Any ideas why i would have channels showing on the search but unable to view them.

• The glitches might be one of two things either the line or ISP , vm superhub and talktalk's old router seem to cause problems and about some channels not clearing you need to talk to the server of your line he might not subscribe to them. If it is HD channels recently sly carried out a update on cards which mean't for some the channels went dark.

• I've got another box in the house that I get all the channels with the same line and I run it on wifi with no probs.
    I done the channel scan on the x6 and it just seems to be it that I have the problem with. The other box I'm using was able for me to update with a channel list from aj and I seem to get everything with that.

Even when I unplug the other box from the lnb it doesnt make any difference.

• I take it you have two boxes, try the box that works in the same place as where your X6 is if you get problems replicated in this box then you have to look at your cable and connectors make sure no shorts or cable not frayed, if cable and connectors are o.k then try connecting the cable to a different output of the lnb.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!