Advice Please With Timeshift Settings On Vix Image

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,322 times. The last Post () by AH.

• Can you please give me advice on what is the best setting for it please, why I ask is if I am watching a movie or a tv program and want to rewind the program back a few minuets or an hour. When I get to that part, it seems that it will only play where I am now the program. Is there anything in the timeshift settings that needs changing. And just one more thing please is when I switch the box off when I go to bed ,when I get up in the morning the box has switched it self back on through the night .Will that be something in the epg settings ,that needs altering .

• Can you please give me advice on what is the best setting for it please, why I ask is if I am watching a movie or a tv program and want to rewind the program back a few minuets or an hour. When I get to that part, it seems that it will only play where I am now the program. Is there anything in the timeshift settings that needs changing. And just one more thing please is when I switch the box off when I go to bed ,when I get up in the morning the box has switched it self back on through the night .Will that be something in the epg settings ,that needs altering .

Firstly I have had issues before with EPG downloads. I use opentv EPG updates, I have autobouquets and EPG updates each early morning, and sometimes I get up, and the receiver is on. One thing you can check for is crashlogs, because if the updates are somehow causing your receiver to crash, then it will return to on. I have also noticed with ViX on my Technomate that EPG updates sometimes cause random reboots. Try doing this - press menu - Timers - PowerTimers - press Green - scroll Timer type to go to standby. Set this daily, around 10 minutes after you have your EPG updates scheduled.

As for the Timeshift, not sure what is happening - I assume you have Permanent Timeshift enabled. Remember this can only work on the channel you have been watching. You should be able to rewind, and then press play from the point you have taken it to, unless there is an issue with your disk. Is this set up on a HDD or a pen drive? If it is a pen drive you will probably get read/write speed issues.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Hi,

I have x1000 and I recently did a factory reset. Box is working except for timeshift and EPG (and downloading plugins). I came across this site when searching for solutions and so I thought I might get help. I assumed that there is a configuration file that has defaulted to out of date settings!

Regards
    AH

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!