openbox s9 just says on prob

There are 14 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,807 times. The last Post () by hooley.

• this is the prob i have, after updateing my s9 box and maybe doing somthing wrong. the box now says on and wont do anything else, i have tryed various loaders and software but to no avail. i am not sure as to what settings i have to change on the loaders or which software or loader is correct. any help

• yes m8 off another site, no luck im afraid, but not sure if im putting right info into it thoughas with reguards to com port, parity, and bits rate etc and weather to include bootloader upgrade or dump?

EDIT: Jester will you try and stay in one thread, ive moved everything here

• bought null modem rs232 pci card and rs232 cable off ebay installed pci card and connected cable to box, everything seems ok in device manager saying pci com is port 5&6 tryed both but to no avail do i have to change other settings, thanks, update, loader just saying syncronising stb, please reset target. this is the message i get all the time with all loaders, i press next then switch on box and am getting the same message

• I've never had to use a loader before so iv not much experience with them. I'll ask a lad I know on a different forum who has used one and I'll report back here. Leave it with me

Boycott shampoo, demand real poo

• can anyone tell me what settings for use with loaders for rs232 null modem connection, i have tried a few but they wont connect, keeps saying reset target. not sure what to put in the fields for com port, parity bits rate. if anyone can help me with these i would be very greatful.

• can anyone tell me what settings for use with loaders for rs232 null modem connection, i have tried a few but they wont connect, keeps saying reset target. not sure what to put in the fields for com port, parity bits rate. if anyone can help me with these i would be very greatful.

Jester99 im waiting for my mate to get back to me with an answer for you. Hold out there a bit longer

• This is exactly what he told me Jester99 :

Hey hooley whats up, all I did was open the loader, used the software that your good self posted 15th March, ticked the include bootloader box and let it update, I never touched the settings, ie just left com port setting and baud rate as is.

• Jester do you have or do you know anyone with a desktop pc? The reason being, it can be a lot easier flash a box using the serial port on a desktop instead of the USB type on a laptop. Just a thought

• to hooley hi m8 this is my set up, i bought a pci card with null modem connection x 2 in device manager they are showing up as com 5&6 tryed both with all other settings as is, no luck then i looked at the settings in device manager at the other settings and changed loader settings as nesessary, no luck. after this i asked a friend who has experiance with dreambox and only 1 null ,odem port and still it said reset target, this happens as soon as you click next on the loader. have just about given up m8

• Has your friend a standard desktop? When I started flashing my old cable box back in the day I used my parents old Dell desktop with the standard rs 232 cable and it worked straight off. Maybe you just need to go back to basics. I know there is another older loader around. Let me have a look for you dude. Gimme few hours

• There is various different rs232 cable pin outs! I made my own rs232 using i diagram i found online! It only works in one direction believe it or not! When it fails to open the port i know i have to turn it round the other way! Give it a go! Might be wired the same way! Also Restarting the PC wont go a miss either!

Update! i found the diagrams!
    http://www.lammertbies.nl/comm/cable/RS-232.html

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!