recording

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,128 times. The last Post () by nano.

• Hi all
    am running PKT Hyperion image on my Alien 2, but cannot get it to record either using the timer or the instant record button. My Hard drive is being seen ok, and as far as I can see all settings are ok. Are there any known issues with this image and recording. I rather like the image and would like to keep it on if possible.

thanks for any answers

• Is it saying anything on screen when you press record. If there is an issue that image usually gives an error warning as such.

Nano

• Hi Nano,
    not getting any message on screen. When I press the instant record button there is something flashing on the box display. It flashes 2 or 3 times then stops. Almost as if it is trying to record but can't for some reason. If I then go to the 'Timer ' list it shows the programme I have tried to record with a message '' Waiting''

• got this to record now, having reformatted hard drive, but can not get it to record 2 channels. On FTA channels I can record one and watch another, but not on anything encrypted. Anyone got any ideas on this. Like this image and want to keep it on if possible

• got this to record now, having reformatted hard drive, but can not get it to record 2 channels. On FTA channels I can record one and watch another, but not on anything encrypted. Anyone got any ideas on this. Like this image and want to keep it on if possible

I reckon it is not anything to do with whether it is FTA or not - people jump to this conclusion for some reason. If your tuners are not set up properly then you might only be able to watch channels on the same transponder as the one you are recording, and that goes for recording two at the same time. How do you have your tuners set up in tuner configuration? Check that on the On the infobar it will tell you if you are using tuner A or tuner B - and if you are recording one channel, then to watch another channel that isn't on the same transponder, then it would have to use tuner B. If this isn't happening then there is definitely an issue.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Are you using mgcamd or oscam to decode the encrypted channels?

If your using mgcamd, thats your issue as mgcamd cannot handle decoding two encrypted streams at the same time time. If using oscam it also depends on where your getting your line from and if it allows decoding two streams at once.

Nano

• yes also tried eligato skin and that doesn't work either, so is this a bug in the image or is it a fault with the receiver. Going to try a few more skins and see what happens. Bye the way, there are a few skins that come with the image. Would it help to remove the ones not in use and if so how do I do it

• I think its a bit of both to be honest, although i have to admit when i change the skins on my nBox it does throw a wobbler more often than it did before i changed it.

If the image you are using on that box is like most other E2 images you may be able to remove them through the plugins menu.

Nano

Spark STI 7162 Support

Support for Amiko Alien 2, Delta, Dynavision 7162, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 2, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 3, Golden Media Spark Triplex, Golden Media Spark One, Icecrypt S3700 CHD, SAB Unix Triple HD, Samsat Linux 2, Satcom 7162, Sogno Spark Triple, Startrack SRT 2020 HD Plus, Superbox Z500, Truman TOP-BOX, Truman TopBox 2 Tuner, Visionnet Falcon, Spark STI 7162 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!