Cydia 1.1 - The New And Improved

There is 1 reply in this Thread which was already clicked 807 times. The last Post () by DaiC1.

• Cydia 1.1 is finally upon us and it?s packed with AWESOME! An update which has been discussed for months, and a topic that users have thought about almost every day. Not only are there a ton of new features bundled inside, but we also get UI updates, speed increases and an improved search function. This update adds even more functionality behind the scenes, which will allow Saurik to provide even more updates to Cydia, quicker and easier than ever before.

Saurik just announced it's release via Twitter, saying:

Quote:
    Cydia 1.1: faster, slimmer, and more stable; including an improved search algorithm and "resume where you left off". Available in Cydia now!
    While I don?t have an official list of new features and all the updates to the new Cydia 1.1, I?ll try to cover as many as I can.

First and foremost, the new Cydia is fast! I mean REAL FAST! Seriously, this thing flies now! Web Content is now ?appcached? which allows content to load much quicker. Even the homepage pop?s into place almost instantly now. Behind the scenes, Cydia continues to check for updates and even downloads them in the background, all while refreshing any new content that has been updated.

The UI has been updated slightly, in a very clean manner, which makes things seem much more fluid and snappy. The searching mechanism in Cydia has been updated to allow for faster searching, and smoother interaction with the enormous repositories.

We?ve had a ton of new languages added to Cydia as well, making it even more universal than ever before. This includes Greek, Chinese, German, Dutch & Spanish languages.

This release is live and in Cydia now. Don?t forget to thank Saurik for all his hard work, as well as the rest of the team. This is a ton of work they have put into this and it?s just the beginning of something even more AWESOME!

If its not broke --- fix it anyway.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!