Which recommended hard disk should I install into VU+ Solo2

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 8,485 times. The last Post () by ampedef.

• Forum members,

What make, which is the quietest, do you recommend I install into my vu+ solo2?? From 500-1000G and a reliable 8-32Gb usb memory sticks. Are Sandisk, Kingston about the best. I have a couple of freebies, (I know why they were given away), and an old 1 Gb seems to be OK for flashing Images.

btw, Should I update the Image? running 3.0.678 Vix

Your thoughts appreciated,

1.2 CM motorised, Inverto Black Pro lnb, V box, VU+ Solo2 42" Panasonic + 5.1 S.S.

What make, which is the quietest, do you recommend I install into my vu+ solo2

I installed a 1TB 2.5' HDD, but any 2.5' from the last few years will do m8, they are all pretty silent.

reliable 8-32Gb usb memory sticks

I use a 1GB USB 1.1 "freebie" memory stick for my picons and it works a treat..

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• I would always say go for the fastest read and write speed on the USB stick side as when i update the picons through network straight to the stick i have noticed the Lag associated with cheap sticks compared to a known brand with a good read/write rate

• First of all my sincere appologies to master G, I never even thought of that. He knows what I am on about. Yes definitly will?

Thank you guys for your input, thats another £40- 80 out of my pocket money. I wondered what meoboot was. Still to play/have expensive toys you have to try to have the best.

Ta again,

1.2 CM motorised, Inverto Black Pro lnb, V box, VU+ Solo2 42" Panasonic + 5.1 S.S.

• Hello again,

Part 3, New stand and polar received today, hooray. Guy turned up to set it all up, had to cut off about 10", (old money) from the pole on the ground stand. Ash tree and roof line in the way of Thor. Anyway he installed everything, but when it came to the polar mount, it just dropped on?? when he went to clamp it up, due south there was about 5mm gap all the way round between the mount collar and pole. " We will have to shim that gap, we'll never get it tight enough to hold south!" NO! I said what about fitting the old polar mount back on. OK he/we did. Tuned as best we could, about 40%-65% signal then it would go down to 20% then up again to 90%. Backwards and forwards, anyway to cut a long story short I have to have some low overhanging branches cut back. The wind was playing havoc with signal. Got it stable at 45%-50%, and having a tree surgeon round to cut a few branches away. I will ring the supplier tomorrow and he can have the polar mount back! the only reason I wanted to change it was there is a tiny bit of slack on bottom pivot, and the sat guy reckons the polar mount supplied is for a Primesat dish. I know, :sad: and I've ranted on enough now. Will keep you informed, off to setup box now, or see how far I can get.

• digi247, thanks for your quick response, and sorry for the long winded explanation.

No 3 inch, same as old rusty ground stand. Started to setup tuners last night but was a bit knackered, (getting over Carpel tunnel ops, on both hands), right hand done April 21st, left done 3 weeks ago next Tuesday. I have opened up the cut the surgeon made, not badly though. I will be ringing the supplier, after 13:35 and before 15:45 to get a returns note and money back on the polar mount.

• Morning gentlemen,

several enigma 2 crashes have occured when I try to go into positioner to allocate and lock satellite, this is on 19.2E. Tuner A diseqc 1.2, lattitude and longitude put in, usals=no, PO1. Tuner B tone-burst A/B, tuner A=satellite, tuner B=nothing connected.

Help appreciated,
    :baffle:
    I have sent of the crash logs.

• Morning gentlemen,

several enigma 2 crashes have occured when I try to go into positioner to allocate and lock satellite, this is on 19.2E. Tuner A diseqc 1.2, lattitude and longitude put in, usals=no, PO1. Tuner B tone-burst A/B, tuner A=satellite, tuner B=nothing connected.

Help appreciated,
    :baffle:
    I have sent of the crash logs.

(ref:- 1371280837.05)

VU+ SOLO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!