Giga HD quad motor setup help please

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,459 times. The last Post () by musogeek.

• Hey all, just took delivery of this receiver today am well pleased, problem am having is setting up tuners to work with motor correctly, thought was my previous receiver but same on this although slightly different setup as have third tuner installed.

Tuners configured as:
    Tuner A simple, positioner USALS obv entered longtitude and latitude for location.
    Tuner B equal to A
    Tuner C single fixed to 28.2

dont know what am doing wrong when setting this up a running hdfreaks image, I set up dish motorised with good signal from 30 west to 42 east, haven't bothered looking further than this, have installed vhannibal satellite settings so made pretty easy, problem am having is temperamental works then will select a satellite but sometimes doesn't move to where it should! I go in setup, service searching and sat find will more often than not find satellite, if leave on satellite Chanel wanted and restart will find it, just so frustrating am sure will probs be setting haven't setup or something but lost here?

Is there a config file or setting am missing here guys?

Know will be something simple lol

• Hi musogeek thanks for reply, I have quad lnb on motorised dish, I have twinshot cable run from this one direct to lnb other via motor to lnb to power motor, these are fed to receiver tuner A and B, I then have one feed from fixed 28.2 dish going to tuner C

• Just to clarify, only one of your feeds drives the motor?
    If the case then I think you might be better off changing the priorities. If the priorities are default, then I would use tuner A for fixed dish, tuner B for the feed that powers the motor, and tuner C for the other feed to your motor dish.

I have a Fixed and a single feed motor, and I find it works so much better if the fixed is on tuner A - reason is if you use the motor dish as priority, then if you are recording something on 28.2e, then you can't move to another satellite if you want to watch something mid recording, as it is being used by the recording.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Ok I now see the problem hadn't realised the info bar shows the tuner in use, the problem lies in that its selective to either tuner B or tuner C, I setup as u suggested, made tuner C equal to B, if the receiver uses tuner B, then the dish is moved as this is set to usals, however if it decides to use C then the dish remains at last position hence the reason why the dish does not move! and explains why I could move via satfinder as I know what tuner to select!

However am still unsure how to setup to prevent the tuner selecting C unless I want it to use C if its on same satellite and want to record something and watch something else! Hope that makes sense lol

• Just had a look at the way the tuner priorities work. If it is set to auto, It says it gives priority to the one with the least amount of satellites (this is in ViX), which, considering B and C are the same, It might not be able to distinguish, and might be using C instead of B, where B would be needed to drive the motor. Have a mess with the tuner priorities - which is in menu-Setup/System/Customise - perhaps giving priority to B may be the best in your situation, but there will be the issue that I have already mentioned - recordings may use your motor, even if the service is on fixed.

• Because I had second cable in tuner config set to equal to, it was selecting second tuner sometimes as such the dish wasn't been moved, however have now set the second cable to "second cable of motorised lnb tuner B" now works perfect switch to fixed dish no problem record from that select motor can record from that tuner B and tuner C will allow to watch on same position!

• I don't get to see that option because I always install my Fixed on A so when I get to B, it isn't an available option! - Anyway sounds like you have it set up best now so I will close the thread... Glad you got it sorted!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!