VIX Backup - newbie question

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 937 times. The last Post () by pheonix.

• Hi,
    Got my harddisk installed today so now I've made 2 backups. I'm just not entirely sure what I actually have a backup of.
    I'm assuming Image manager just creates a clone of the whole installation?

But what does Backup manager actually save?
    Will it save my receiver (tuner) settings as well as channel list + favourites\bouquets?

Thanks!
    RK

• Im pretty sure it will backup the entire image including those you mentioned above.
    If you are thinking about uploading somewhere be carefull coz it will even keep sensitive stuff as well.

• Image manager = creates a FULL image backup of every thing. you can also a full image from the image manager to flash the receiver without needing a USB stick.
    Backup manager = backups your settings, bouquets, plugins and any thing else you choose to backup. This backup can be used from within the FIW ( First install wizard ) or the backup manager to restore your settings etc onto a existing or Virgin image.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• Than you very much, thats exactly the answer I was hoping for!
    Just one point; you state I can back up anything I choose - but I see no option to select anything. Where would I do that?
    RK

• YEs, found it, in the Backup manager you press 'menu'again and get more options. Yellow button to select files.
    I'm getting there slowly, thanks!
    RK

• YEs, found it, in the Backup manager you press 'menu'again and get more options. Yellow button to select files.
    I'm getting there slowly, thanks!
    RK

no worries, it can be a little daunting when first starting out, but you will get there soon enough.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

VU+ SOLO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!