Dm 800se with SIM A8P

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,735 times. The last Post () by stevejo.

• Hi
    I Am thinking of buying a DM800se with the SIM A8P I am told I can install original Deambox images.
    I have 2 questions can I really install original images and can I also use images for a SIM 2.10

Thank you in advance

Roy

• You can only use original images as far as i'm aware. If you use a SIM 2.10 image you may well get a no CA error.

To be honest there are better boxes out there now which have a higher specification than the DM800Se which may well be worth looking at.

Why get a clone when you can get an original box that will do what the DM800Se will do, there is also no worry about build quality or whether its going to have a guarantee or not. I would recommend the Maxview XP1000, which has a faster CPU than the DM800Se and retails around £140.

Nano

• one reason to get a dreambox clone is support. loads and loads of support, try googling maxview xp1000 and all i see is a few posys saying "why buy dreambox when you can get one of these. but no support, couldnt even find out if its linux or not, personally i wont be buying any none linux based box in a hurry, done it before then manufacturor moved onto a new box and all support disapeared.

dreambox 800hd se with a8p can run original images but can't run sim2 images

dreambox 800hd se clone sim 2.10. pli2.1

• The XP1000 is a Linux based box which uses a MIPS CPU the same as a DM800Se. It is sold in the UK as the Maxview XP1000, although on the continent its known as the M K Digital XP1000. It is a full 100% linux box the same as the DM800Se

It is supported by OpenAAF, OpenPli, Vix and also the Powerboard Team. Granted it may not be as well supported as the DM800, but at the end of the day you know you are not getting a box that is well built to European standards with CE mark. To be perfectly honest i've had two clone DM800HD units and both of them were problematic and required repairing withing six months of purchase.

Neither of them would work correctly with the HDD, the second one wouldn't even initialise the HDD and gave a really load buzzing noise through the SCART connection. All i can do is put forward my experiences with clone DM boxes in order for the buyer to decide which box is best for him. Please also bare in mind if something does go wrong with it you may also have to ship it back to China which isn't cheap.

Nano

• Hi
    I Am thinking of buying a DM800se with the SIM A8P I am told I can install original Deambox images.
    I have 2 questions can I really install original images and can I also use images for a SIM 2.10

Thank you in advance

Roy

Yes original images & those only on A8P sim
    as flashing a sim2 image will defo give you Bios noCAerror

If my post helps hit the Thanks ;-)

• hi nano, im not knocking your view, just giving a few reasons to buy a clone dreambox 800hd se, i have had 800hd clone, a mate has it now, its been going strong for a long time now, i have a 800hd se now, it's good, well worth the money i paid, it also has stacks of support including loads of people that use it. i am thinking of trying something different but not because of the box, more because i like learning about them.

dreambox 800hd se clone sim 2.10. pli2.1

• Theres nothing wrong with your opinions Nush, i'm not knocking them, i don't have a problem with what you have said. I do agree with you that the boxes have fantastic support, and yes i have had many clone DM boxes from the DM500 right up to a DM800Se so i know where your coming from. I had most of my clone DM boxes when there wasn't a lot of choice of other receivers, it was either an original DM or a Clone one.

Its all dependent on where you get the box from when it comes to clones. Some are good and some are downright awful, i've had my fair share of both. I just think there are better boxes out there now for less money. Its all down to personal preference at the end of the day.

Nano

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!