watched and tried Ten Below vid guide, how to install ipk files

There are 34 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,097 times. The last Post () by ampedef.

• afternoon gentlemen, i watched and tried all 3 'videos by Ten Below in the early hours of this morning. 'how to install ipk files' i still cannot see any c*** in my vu+solo2. what am i doing wrong???

any/all help appreciated :beated:

hope my thread is in the right place????

1.2 CM motorised, Inverto Black Pro lnb, V box, VU+ Solo2 42" Panasonic + 5.1 S.S.

• Official Post

afternoon gentlemen, i watched and tried all 3 'videos by Ten Below in the early hours of this morning. 'how to install ipk files' i still cannot see any c*** in my vu+solo2. what am i doing wrong???

any/all help appreciated :beated:

hope my thread is in the right place????

Need more info, it`s not clear what you are trying to install, is it a plugin ? If so what plugin.. Is it CCcam ? If so what version and image ? Is it add a C line to the CCcam.cfg ?

• I'm trying to install Oscam +CCcam and I know what to do
    But I don't know how to do it.Ive got the relevant ipk file
    On my desktop and I think it goes into the tmp folder,now
    When I FTP the box how do you exactly get it into tmp,do I
    Drag it across or right click and upload also do I click tmp or
    The ipk file first. Thank you in advance and sorry if I have
    hijacked this thread but I think maybe we are looking for the
    Same answer.

• Hi tooth,

Ok you double click on the "tmp" folder first so you can see the contents inside it, then you would right click on the ipk file and choose "upload", this will copy it into the tmp folder.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Hi tooth,

Ok you double click on the "tmp" folder first so you can see the contents inside it, then you would right click on the ipk file and choose "upload", this will copy it into the tmp folder.

Thank you mckee25,that's the answer I have been looking for although when I press
    Blue button on remote and go to vix/install local extension it shows the ipk but the
    Notice /bin/sh: syntax error: unexpected "("
    Execution finished!! Any ideas?

• sorry master G, i was trying to load C*****, but everything that i tried on the video's just did not work. in the end, as suggested by stevejo, installed vu+ toolbox and him holding my hand, manged to load the cam. thank you stevejo, i am now a very happy bunny.:trbtjrjq: now to find out more abouy linux. i tried it once, back in the days of ME and XP. had to completely wipe the hard disk, windows and linux can'y get on together on the same drive. now i can 'dual boot in win 7, i might try it again. now where did i put thatbook and cd????? added a seagate 500gb x2.5 inch hard disk and bought a new 8 gb usb flash drive. my old 1gig might have been some of my problem. the pc sometimes said "no" can't find K drive.

many many thanks to stevejo :thumbsup: and his patience and thank you to the rest of the forum. i am still learning???????? there is a lot of help on this forum, as long as you put the right words or phrases in the search engine. thank you Linuxsat-support.com :linuxsat5:

did not mean any disrespect mister G.

1.2 CM motorised, Inverto Black Pro lnb, V box, VU+ Solo2 42" Panasonic + 5.1 S.S.

• Official Post

Thank you mckee25,that's the answer I have been looking for although when I press
    Blue button on remote and go to vix/install local extension it shows the ipk but the

My guess is you have downloaded this ipk twice and are trying to install the second downloaded file which will have (1) in the filename.
    e.g
    enigma2-plugin-cams-oscamymod18-T39_cccam213_e2_bh_all(1).ipk

Simply right click on the file then choose rename and then remove the above part in red.

• Hi Ten,still no luck but checked my downloads and had a second download with a (1) in it
    but not the above file. Can you point me to the corect one please. Any file i ftp shows up
    in local extensions but wont install. If its the wrong file would it not install.

• Morning,
    I should add..... No disrespect to to Ten Below. That is what I had most probably done as well. trying to run before I can walk.

I have learnt one most very important thing? Make sure that the box you buy has all the necessary parts/modifications done to it already. ie: hard disk, (for backup) a good usb flash drive, (for flashing and loading your reciever/box, both should be FAT32.

• Official Post

Hi Ten,still no luck but checked my downloads and had a second download with a (1) in it
    but not the above file. Can you point me to the corect one please. Any file i ftp shows up
    in local extensions but wont install. If its the wrong file would it not install.

Look carefully at the file you have in /tmp.
    If the file name contains brackets then you will see an error like this

If the error you are getting is different then what does it say?

VU+ SOLO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!