Front display

There are 13 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,992 times. The last Post () by stevejo.

• venton hd3 running vix anyone know how to get rid of the dots along the top of the vfd they go all the way along the top of the writing , werent there at first , any ideas im stumped hd1 and hd2 must have the same display , thanks

• venton hd3 running vix anyone know how to get rid of the dots along the top of the vfd they go all the way along the top of the writing , werent there at first , any ideas im stumped hd1 and hd2 must have the same display , thanks

Same problem here, changed HDMi cable, no help. Tried update front panel from 20018 to 20026, no go, doesn't update. Running openvix: build 747. Display worked with 743, but I've been testing so many plugins etc that can't say if openvix is causing display issues.

- I've owned box for a week and display is only thing I've(?) messed up.

• Same problem here, changed HDMi cable, no help. Tried update front panel from 20018 to 20026, no go, doesn't update. Running openvix: build 747. Display worked with 743, but I've been testing so many plugins etc that can't say if openvix is causing display issues.

- I've owned box for a week and display is only thing I've(?) messed up.

First post should be here
    Introductions
    Also can you clarify what the issues you are having with the front panel? is it the same as stevejo's issues or something different?
    Have you tried a clean install of 747?
    Panel running fine here with latest EGAMI image.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Sorry, I didn't realize to introduce myself.. too busy to find information... I'll get it done.

Same problem, dot line top of the box display, all the way. Even between letters, (yes, channel name and time showing ok) As I mentioned, I've owned box about rwo weeks, just learning things about it, tested different plugins and so on. I bought it from the seller with usb stick loaded different plugins, image and settings ready for use in Finnish DVB-T. One could say plug-and watch.

No, I didn't do clean install, just updated from 743 to 747. I really don't want install everything manually, if clean install leads to that. Image is Enigma2, if that is alternative to Your Egami (not sure all the names and what they mean...) I've tried every possible front panel setting from the menu, dots are there.

• I'm not sure if were on the same page here but it sounds like a overscan issue, ill explain.

we all know that overscan is bad and best turned off but even then some studios do a piss poor job of standardising the formats they release and thats why you sometimes see "junk" around the edges of the picture.

This should help explain.

HD 101: Overscan and why all TVs do it

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• I believe we are in a different page, or I've understood first post wrong. I'm talking about display on the box, not tv screen.

22603e33a60e7.jpg

That line of dots on top of the display is what I'm talking about... Makes reading difficult when text is something more than "Fox"

Correct me if thread is about something else.

• I think from memory stevejo had a solution to this issue but I can't for the life of me remember what he said. Hopefully he will see this and advise. I have never had this issue myself and have tried this with a few images. I am wondering if there could be something loose inside - if you have a 3.5" HDD installed, bear in mind that the position of this inside the HD2 is central with the length of the HDD from front to back of the receiver, so installing the HDD might possibly disrupt the connection to the panel during install. Might be worth opening the receiver and checking to see if any connecting parts are loose - often they can click in to place. You should not void any warranty unless you attempt repairs with a soldering iron as these units are designed for plug and play tuners and internal drives.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• I saw somewhere same guess, loose connector. I'll check that. When I had installed hdd and started to use box for the first time couple weeks ago, everything was fine, haven't even touched the box since. But I have installed and removed plugins, and updated Vix. That's why I thought it might be software related. I'll report if this is connector issue.

• Opened and checked, display connector under the hdd wasn't all the way in place, bit tilted. Pressed it properly in place, back to power, no go. Dots are there... Now I strongly believe that updating to 747 might cause this. Not sure, but display worked with 743. Something related firmware(?) to front panel is now version 20018, I've tried to update latest wihich is 20026, doesn't update.

Followed these instructions ? Thema anzeigen - UNiBOX HD2 und HD3 Front Panel Update

• You could roll back to 743 and that would help rule out a hardware fault

Robert

I've thinked that option, but knowing so little about these makes me wonder does downgrading affect anything else? Does it reset my settings and so on? Just got everything finetuned I don't want to go back to square one. I do have settings backup, so if I go 743 can I keep/restore settings over that if even necessary?

And roll back is done from the usb with image...? Sorry, lot of questions, but I'm learning....

• I am having the same issue with a mates Venton HD2 and its driving me barmey!!

I am pretty sure this is software related but i,m not sure if its the skin or something else thats causing this because it seems to appear with egami images and a software update corrected the problem but i have now scrapped both egami and vix images for this unit as they were both giving allsorts of other issues that i wont go into right now.

I have found a stable image however/atv but these broken lines are still there.

If anyone has an idea what this is please let me know before i start playing footie with the thing.

Cheers

MK

• Well i have just reflashed the thing with the same pen and file i first used and - - - - - - - - - - - has gone...must be something to do with how the box is being flashed...however i used the upper rear usb slot this time instead of the lower usb socket so i,m not sure if that made a difference or not.

MK

• I found this came back if you rebooted the box too often but if it was for an hour or so then rebooted it went away ?? seemed frequent reboots did it for me hence it always seems to appear when you play about with your setup never seen it appear under normal conditions

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!