Dreambox 800 hd crashed

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 742 times. The last Post () by nano.

• Hi,

Ive currently got a dreambox 800 hd pvr and everyhting was woring fine until a few days ago the screen was just blank. Restarted the box but it didnt show anything on the tv but i could see from the box that it was booting and showing what channel it was on. So ive tried to ref lash the box by putting it into dhcp mode but when i do this it doesnt find an ip address and just stays as "DCHP......". Ive tried using a scart lead to connect to the tv but no luck.

Can anyone help me save my dream box!

Thanks guys

• Try flashing a new image to it. Thats what i would try first.

Use a null modem cable and dreamup if you can't get into it through the webif

Nano

• You have to start the Dreamup program first and then switch on the Dreambox.

Nano

• Can you try another PSU with the box? If the PSU has failed it might not have enough juice to start it up. It may also help if you disconnect the HDD so its not drawing as much power. Can't really think of anything else box wise.

Are you using one of those USB to RS232 converters by any chance. By past experience, they don't work well at all, that could also be a reason why Dreamup is not connecting to the box.

Nano

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!