How to install Backup's of vix image on gigablue quad

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,241 times. The last Post () by pheonix.

• This evening I did a backup of my vix image, but noticed all I had in it the backup was 2 files, the kernel bin and rootfs.bin. When I installed the image i had 8 files.
    So how do i reinstall this image if I need to reinstall it and can I reinstall from within the vix image. Blue button, vix.

• Official Post

This evening I did a backup of my vix image, but noticed all I had in it the backup was 2 files, the kernel bin and rootfs.bin. When I installed the image i had 8 files.
    So how do i reinstall this image if I need to reinstall it and can I reinstall from within the vix image. Blue button, vix.

if you have made a full image backup then you restore it in exactly the same way as you would flash am original image buddy.

• thanks for the quick reply.

Yeah it a full backup. its 87.4 mb in size.
    So i Just copy the gigablue folder to root of stick and insert in the back of the box and press ok when prompted.

• Either use a USB stick and install the image in the exact same way as you normally would or install it directly from within the image manager it self using the restore option.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• Would I be able to do this from two different images, lets say I have team red image installed on the gigablue, and want to reinstall vix, could i point the team red image to restore the vix image image from usb or ftp in over and then install it.

Thanks guys

• In ViX on the latest builds you can restore any other image regardless of the team who made it directly from within the ViX image manager, no idea if you can restore images from the image manager on any thing other than ViX but seeing as team red is a member of the OE-Alliance there is a possibility of them adding andys code into their own E2.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!