Dreambox or smartcard reader? and TNTSAT

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,179 times. The last Post () by nano.

• Hello, I am new to card sharing and at bit confused.
    Firstly let me present the hardware I have:

Location 1: France
    HTPC running windows 7 media center, a TSB dual DVBs2 PCI-e card (currently used for Freesat).
    sly+ box with monthly paid sports and movies.
    19' dish pointed at Astra 28.2 (quad lnb).

Location 2: UK
    HTPC running windows 7 media center, TSB dual DVBs2 PCI-e card, analog Kworld PCI card connected via s-video to below receiver.
    Thomson hd TNTSAT receiver with valid TNTSAT card.
    minidish pointed at Astra 28.2 for HTPC Freesat (dual lnb).
    19' dish pointed at Astra 19.2 for TNTSAT (single lnb).

My plans:

1. To use the HTPC in France to view sly and distribute feed via home network to a laptop running WMCE using DVB logic software.

2. To share the sly card with the setup in UK. (either with dreambox or HTPC + smartcard reader)

3. Throw away the Kworld card and Thomson receiver and buy another DVB S2 PCI-e card and use a card reader for TNTSAT.

I am pretty sure all of the above is feasible but I would greatly appreciate any ideas and comments.
    Especially any knowledge about entitlements for sly and TNTSAT as I will be putting the HTPCs to sleep while not in use and would rather not have to swap the cards in and out regularly.

Many thanks,

John

• Hello I think my question/statement was a bit vague, let me rephrase:

- Is now a bad time to start card sharing ? (entitlement problems, loss of channels) considering that I do not have the HD channels.

- If I use a card reader on a windows pc that sometimes is put to sleep will the reliability of the system be inferior to a Dreambox ?

- Is 39.99€ a reasonable amount for a Blackbox 500S ?

- Is this box any good for my uses ?

- Will I be able to receive TNTSAT using a card reader on a windows pc? I read that the AES key is of now unknown but does this affect only HD channels?

- Does TNTSAT need regular entitlement updates like sly?

Thanks for reading, hope someone can help clear things up for me.

Cheers,

John

• TNTSat AESKeys are not available as of yet. You will not be able to decode all the TNTsat channels without them outside of an official TNTSat box..

Nano

• Hi Nano thanks for your input.
    Do you know which channels will be unavailable form TNTSAT?
    Also do you think that this unavailability will be permanent or is there a strong chance some clever people will crack the encryption?
    Thanks

John

• The AESKeys come and go. As far a i am aware the whole card is down at the moment.

The only people that know the keys are the Kyng Team who provide third party firmware for the Cristor Atlas range of receivers. These receivers can decode the Fransat card on 5w also. The Kyng team don't make a habit of releasing the AESKeys to the public when they are know to themselves.

The Cristor receiver can pass on the card to other receivers, but only using the Radegast protocol.

Nano

• Thank you Nano for pointing me to kyng team they have a very complete site with lots of info.

I am still unsure about the Blackbox 500s it is a dreambox clone and the cheapest I have found it is 40€ ~£35.
    Would this box be good enough to decrypt sd sly channels for 2-3 clients? also I know this box will take up one lnb feed but will this mean entitlements will auto update?
    Can I use the box on a tv as well as as cs server?

As I'm sure you have figured I'm looking for a cheap solution to sharing standard definition sly with 2-3 clients. If you know of a cheaper/more reliable solution I'm all ears !

Cheers

John

• I wouldn't bother buying a box if its for $ky as you can guarantee that once $ky are happy that most of the boxes have been swapped out they will pair up the whole package and that will be the end of it.

The Blackbox is a DM500 clone which will decrypt the channels form the card and update it but to be honest i really wouldn't bother mate i would just use the $ky box for now until the pairing issued is figured out, that's if it ever is.

Nano

• Hi Nano

I realise that at best investing in Sly card sharing is a short term venture, so I'll just have to be patient on that front.
    However I bought myself a Omnikey reader off Ebay and I have been trying to setup TNTSAT with Oscam for Windows.
    I saw that there has been an update in Oscam that could help but to be honest I have no idea how to go about it all.

I am using Acamd as a client (on the same machine) but so far no joy from Oscam + TNTSAT card.
    any advice or Oscam setting would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

John

• TNTSat uses a non standard ecm length which may be what is causing the issue. I'm not familiar with ACamd so i cant offer any advice regarding it. Try CCCam 2.3.0 as a client first, failing that you may have to use OSCam as the client if all else fails.

Nano

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!