Static Dish 28.2 East Tuner setup & scanning on DM800HD PVR

There are 77 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 8,435 times. The last Post () by EsRgood4u.

• The image is on and i have just gone through the tuner config now to see if i can scan some services in, if not then i will have to use bouquets again but i had full signal once again...so there is obviuolsy a signal coming in...the menu seemed pretty much the same but seemed easier to set up the tuner bit...i will see what happens..fingers crossed lol

• Takes ages to scan multi satellites! if its a fixed dish you wont have any problems! takes about 15 minutes to scan 28.2e in! Enjoy it mate!

• oh well during an automatic scan upto 12% it has still picked up no services :-(

On scrren at the moment:

Astra 2/Eurobird 1 (28.2E)
    DVB-S QPSK 10921H /22000 5/6
    15% 0 Services found

This is obviuolsy not right is it?

• nope! not right at all mate! Have you had the dm800 able to view any channels at any point?? im trying to narrow down the problem abit!

• No not been able to view anything.

It arrived yesterday from yaoxin like a few other people so i just hope the tuner isn't F$%ked up!

a few other newbies on other forums have had same issues and finally got their boxes working but they cant remember how lol!

would it be a tuner prob if i am getting very good signal strength?

• What tuner revision do you have in your box? Are you sure your satellite dish is aligned properly?

Do you have another receiver you can plug in to test your signal?

I bought with the new M tuner in, the cables i have disconnected from my SkyHd box, both cables worked fine on my sky box

I have an arial guy comeing at lunch to fit a new cable to a bedroom for skymultiroom so i can use the cables he installs later to try also i suppose.

But i am assuming the dm800 is no good if i get a good signal on my skybox, and the signal strength is good on satfinder on the dm800

• the older tuners used to give problems while viewing HD channels on 28.2e! it should be scanning in! try manual scan and select single satellite and select 28.2e! im thinking you may just be scanning a single transponder! :S

• 2 cables?? you dont mean 2 coax cables do you???
    Im thinking maybe you have connected a cable to the loop out on the dm800

No i am only using one cable on the input...the 2 cables are for my sky+ but i have tried both of the cables that give me a good signal on my sky box, and both provide very similar results.

How do i make sure the box isn;t just scanning a single transponder?

Also on screen when i try and view a channel it comes up with no transponder present or something like that

• do a manual scan! move down to type of scan! press right on remote to select single satellite scan! then down again select 28.2 then hit ok!

• Yes i am on with that now.

do you have tuner config for single satellite? or do i use the advanced ones?

When roughly should i get a service found?

• set i to single satellite! and to astra 28.2e in tuner settings yes mate!
    Then scan single satellite like i explained in my last post!
    To be honest! Channel 4 should show up more or less instantly when you start scanning!

• obviuolsy the box is no good...as have tried all that and nothing is found. Grrrr

I was going to buy a box from a uk supplier but thought i would be a smart arse and get one from China as they would send straight away...i ordered Thursday and it came Monday which is great..i thought at ?128 it was good compared to a uk supplier at around ?179.99. But obviuolsy shows how much of a tosser i am lol.

• open the box up and remove and replace the tuner! might be inserted wrong! you have nothing to loose realy! While the tuner is out clean the points by rubbing a pencil rubber over the contacts!

• open the box up and remove and replace the tuner! might be inserted wrong! you have nothing to loose realy! While the tuner is out clean the points by rubbing a pencil rubber over the contacts!

i will give that a go

do i need the m tuner? as they are around ?37 is that about right?

• another guy has replied to your post on another forum Andy, he says Tony @yoaxin is on msn most afternoons, why not get onto him, tell him others are having trouble too.

Enigma2 DVB - FBC - USB Tuners

Enigma2 Tuners. Articles, Downloads and Support for DVB-S2 Tuners, DVB-S2X Tuners, DVB-C/T2 Tuners, DVB-C USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2 USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2/C USB Tuners, FBC Tuners, and Tuner Drivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!